𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘟𝘟𝘝𝘐𝘐

═══*

═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══

༒ 𝑬𝒄𝒍𝒊𝒑𝒔𝒆 ༒

• 𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 27; 𝗚𝘂𝗶𝗹𝘁 •

Upon waking, he burrowed himself into the warm, soft sheets. He rubbed the remainders of sleep from his eyes and gazed out at the horizon; its vivid light extended across a rosy sky. He turned around to watch the girl sleeping peacefully, only to find out she's not there, and the bed is half empty. His brows furrowed in confusion before he forced himself to reach for his clothes that laid on the ground, quickly putting them on before walking down the stairs.

He looked around, searching for her around the house, but stopping as he saw her from the window, standing on the porch with short pajamas that she probably borrowed from Cami's closet here. He sighed and grabbed a blanket from the couch before opening the door and walking toward her.

She heard him, but didn't turn or moved to him, only kept staring at the empty road. He wrapped the blanket around her body before wrapping his arms around her waist, taking in the sweet scent of her hair as he leaned down to press a lingering kiss on her shoulder.

"You seem thoughtful." He murmured after a few moments of silence. "Are you alright?"

She let out a heavy exhale and didn't reply, only leaned her head against his chest with her eyes shut.

"What is the matter?" He asked her calmly in concern, knowing it's unusual for her to be so quiet.

"I'm a terrible person." She admitted sadly, still keeping her eyes closed as she lets the warmth of his chest shield her from the shivering breeze.

"And why on earth would you say such a thing about yourself?" He firmly questioned.

"Because it's true." She shrugged. "I left my fiance on the altar and completely humiliated him in front of everyone who respects him and us."

He thought of it as a hint of sorrow, and so he took a step backward, causing her to turn to him. "If you regret, you could return to the city."

She smiled softly and took a few steps closer to him, cupping his cheeks as she raised herself on her tiptoes. "I'm not regretting. I want this. I just really wished that I wouldn't have to hurt anyone in the process. Besides.. The pack's probably done with me."

"Why would they?" He frowned and asked in a low, steady voice.

"Because I broke my promise to them to protect us by hurting one of our own in the most awful way I could." She sighed and explained.

He didn't really have much to say. He felt guilty as well that, in the end, he was the reason for her to be so sad at the moment. While they had the most amazing night they had in a while, they were also very disappointed that this had to happen under these circumstances. It was a bittersweet feeling.