『𝙀𝙥𝙞𝙡𝙤𝙜𝙪𝙚』

━━━❃°•°❀°•°❃•━━━

━━━°•°°•°━━━

༒ 𝑬𝒄𝒍𝒊𝒑𝒔𝒆 ༒

• 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗲𝗻𝗱 •

Rousseau's bar was, surprisingly, quite full. Quiet jazz and country music has been played in the background, while people chatted with their companions who sat with them around their tables. It was a nice, sunny day outside, and there was a feeling of peace in the air. Perhaps she wasn't very impartial and it only felt that way since it was the first day in a while that no threat seemed to come and attack anytime soon, or perhaps she finally had the chance to take a deep breath and enjoy the happiness that always filled the streets of New Orleans.

She leaned her chin on her palm after taking a seat on the bar, letting out a deep sigh while looking around."Hey, Cassie." The soft voice drew her attention and her gaze snapped toward the source of it.

"Hi." She breathed and plastered a polite smile.

"How.. How are you doing? After.." The blonde asked hesitantly, fearing for being insensitive and accidentally strike a nerve, a wound so fresh that probably hasn't healed yet.

"After dying and coming back to life, you mean?" The Lycan cocked a brow with a little grin which was obvious she was forcing and the bartender nodded awkwardly. "Well, definitely not the best experiences - not recommended." She made her chuckle, "But I, uh.. I think it made me realize I'm stronger than I thought I am. So, I'll be okay."

"Well, take your time. It's only been a day." Cami pointed out and widened her smile. "What can I get for you?"

Cassie looked around again, suddenly remembering the first time she has been here, on her first day of arriving in New Orleans. She smirked and recalled her order from back then. "Scotch."

"On the way." The blonde nodded again and grabbed the bottle of golden booze with a glass before pouring some of it and handing it to her.

She muttered a quiet 'Thank you' and sipped her drink silently. Before Cami turned to help another customer, she whispered, "Both."

The bartender glanced at her with a frown. "Excuse me?"

"First time I've been here, you asked me if I'm here to look for something or run from something, told me to figure it out, and I think I just did. I'm here for both." Cassie explained with a faint smile before sipping again, and continuing once Cami stood in front of her with her full attention. "When I came to New Orleans, I've been such a basic insecure bitch. I couldn't see it then, but now I know I've been trying to escape from my mistakes and my past."

"And.. Then you were looking for something?"

"Yeah. I think. I don't know what was I looking for - family. Love, maybe? - anyway, I found it all." She told with all honesty before scoffing with a shake of her head. "I also found a disastrous wedding and literal death, but I don't know. Maybe it worth it." She shrugged, paused for a moment to consider it before murmuring under her breath. "I dunno."

"I think this town changes people, you know? Especially here, in the french quarter, with all the supernatural around-"

"-And don't forget about the Mikaelsons, of course," Cassie winked with a smirk.

"Of course," Cami laughed while cleaning the counter with a cloth. "But, uh.. I think you're a wonderful addition to them. The Mikaelson, I mean."

"Not so sure about that." She snickered quietly and rubbed the back of her neck uncomfortably while downing her drink.

"Why? Look at this family, she's different since you and Hayley came. Trust me, I've been Klaus' therapist for a while, I know all the creepy deets about their past." Cami raised her brows and told while taking the bottle of scotch again from the shelf, but Cassie hurried to wave her hand in dismissing.

"Oh, that won't be necessary. I think I'm gonna head back to the compound now, but.. Thank you, Cami." She smiled purely at her, flashing her dazzling white teeth before waving goodbye and leaving the bar.

It was a short walk of barely 5 minutes from the bar to the compound, and Cassie enjoyed these few minutes to let her thoughts and emotions sink in. The music was loud on the crowded streets, but for the first time since she's come to New Orleans, she didn't hate it. In fact, she even liked it a little.

When she finally made it to the entrance of the compound, she put her hand on her forehead as an attempt to shield her eyes from the blinding sunlight while she raised her head up.

There were two balconies. Side by side.

Two men standing and observing her from above. Two brothers.

And she stands right in the middle.

Ironic, isn't it?

🎉 You've finished reading 𝑬𝑪𝑳𝑰𝑷𝑺𝑬 • 𝐄. 𝐌𝐢𝐤𝐚𝐞𝐥𝐬𝐨𝐧¹ [ᴜɴᴅᴇʀ ᴇᴅɪᴛɪɴɢ] 🎉