Shino's Fetish Has Advantages

Naruto's POV
___________

As my alarm clock went off, I stretched and rolled over. I didn't get home till late last night, so I was pretty tired. I had something I wanted to do today though. I sat up in bed, and rubbed my head. Standing up, I rubbed my back and made my way to the bathroom.

In just a couple minutes, I was dressed and ready to go. I knew it would be a long shot this early in the morning, but I wanted Ida by my side when I went to go do this. Over houses I hopped, on my way to Ida's house.

I stopped in front of the door, and put my hand on the door knob. I didn't know if it was unlocked or not, but I twisted it anyway. Not much to my surprise the door flew in, proving that Ida did not lock her door. I fell on my butt though, when I was almost hit in the head with a potted plant.

"Naruto!" Ida shouted, standing up from the floor. Different objects were around here, and as I stepped into her living room I saw that the flower pot wasn't the only thing broken. Many different glass objects were shattered around the living room, and scissors and a couple knifes were lodged in the walls.

"What are you doing?" I shouted, worried for my friend, "I didn't even know you owned potted plants!"

Ida looked down at her feet, and toyed her fingers together, "The potted plant wasn't mine." She admitted. "Don't be mad." She looked up at me with those big purple eyes, and I couldn't help but gulp and blush a little.

"I'm not mad." I explained in a much calmer voice, "I'm concerned though, with all this mess. What are you doing?"

"Nothing." Ida replied, looking away from me.

"Ida come on. This is me." I pleaded, walking closer to her.

"It's nothing Naruto." Ida continued to avoid my eyes.

"Ida tell me!" I demanded, and lifted her face to meet my eyes.

"It was the tree people!" Ida shouted, locking eyes with me. "Oh no they heard me! Run Naruto, hide! The tree people will get you too! Ida pulled away from me. "They've been wanting all my water for the past month. I've been able to hold them off so far, but now they know I'm here and they'll come." Ida looked around, and finally dived behind her couch. There was a moment of silence then Ida shouted, "Ow madre (mom in Spanish) gooser!"

"Ida!" I shouted, and ran behind the couch. Ida was leaning against the back of it, clutching her leg. What made me laugh was that she was glaring so fiercely at the spot her tiny hands covered.

"It's all your fault." She muttered, talking to her leg, "You just had to get in the way."

"Let me see." I stifled a laugh, and knelt down next to her.

"I'm fine." She assured, pushing herself up. She was still clutching her leg, so I grabbed her before she started hopping away.

"I can see the blood, Ida." I explained, setting her back down on the ground. Ida let go of her leg. In her leg, multiple pieces of colorful glass were sticking out of her leg. "I'll go get the medical supplies." I sighed, and walked to her bathroom.

Once I'd gathered what I needed, I walked out to find Ida deep in thought. I could tell by the way she bit her bottom lip, and how her face was tilted up towards the ceiling. I sat down beside her, careful to dodge any sharp objects, and took her leg in my hands.

We sat in silence as I dabbed the wound with alcohol swabs. I caught Ida looking at me, under her eyelashes every now and again. But still we did not say anything. Finally once I'd bandaged the wound completely, and stood up. Ida caught my hand, and pulled me back down.