Search Continues

“This is it.” Shino flashed a picture to the group.  I looked at it and scrunched my face up in thought.  Bugs were pretty much all the same: multi legged, anti, beady eyes, and creepy horror movie bodies.

I glanced at the picture once more, “Does it come in pink?”

“What?” Shino asked, jerking the picture away.  Everyone in the group was looking at me strange.  “No,” Shino decided, “No it does not come in pink.  Why would you even ask something like that?”

I shrugged, “Sasuke’s favorite color was pink, so I just thought we should get on a more emotional level with our species of bug.  Get to know it first, so you can put the moves on it later.”

“Sasuke’s favorite color was pink?” Kiba chuckled.

I tilted my head and thought for a moment, “It was either pink or dead corpse.  I can never remember which.”

“Right,” Shino paused, “Let’s just split off and look for the bug.”

“Peace, Bucket Lickers!” I departed, and grabbed Naruto’s arm to pull him with me.  They could go off on their own, but there was no way I was going into unknown territory by myself; I may never come out if I do.

“Do you have any idea where to search?” I asked, flicking a tree branch away.  Naruto had his thinking face on, as if he was recalling a distant memory.  “Woah, don’t hurt yourself.” I instructed, pocking his cheek.

“Gah,” He whined, “You’re so mean!” Once he was composed he said, “I saw we leave out some ramen and wait for the bikochu to come to us.”

“What are you talking about?”

“I once left empty ramen containers out, on accident-“

“Sure it was an accident.  Says the kid whose had empty ramen containers spread out every time I’ve come over!”

Naruto glared at me for interrupting me before he continued, “As I was saying,” Nasty look at me, “After a couple days a whole swarm of these bikochu were in my apartment.”

“Naruto,” I consoled, placing a hand on his shoulder, “Those were cockroaches.”

“Are you sure?”

“More sure than I am that whenever you have something to say, a teddy bear runs around on a wheel, formulating your thoughts, then it gets tired, so the squirrels take over and just write random things for you to say on their little mini keyboards.  You can never trust those squirrels to give you anything intelligent to say, they’re just nuts.”

Naruto scratched his head and then shook it, loosening his brain cells a little, “I’m pretty sure you insulted my intellect, but I lost what you were saying.”

“Don’t worry Naruto.  Everyday a child dies, but with the help of our sponsors we may be able to gather enough jelly, so that you no longer have to worry about swimming in the freezing cold of taco sauce.”

Naruto rubbed his temples as her groaned a little.  If he had to use the bathroom, he could’ve just told me to leave, “It’s too early for this, so let’s please just find this bug.” Naruto begged, grabbing my arm and pulling me deeper into the forest.

Eventually Naruto and I split up too.  I didn’t know when it happened, but once I realized I was lost, Naruto was nowhere to be found.  Around noon when the sky was high in the sky, I grew hungry and took a break from searching.  I wasn’t really a tracker ninja.  I could find people because people were clumsy, but bugs.  Yeah, I couldn’t really find bugs.

High up in a tree, I leaned against the trunk and dug out some of the fruits I had gathered earlier.  First taking a bite, I began to formulate a plan to find my group again.  As far as I knew we had no meeting place and no way to contact each other.