Into the Mouth of the Snake

Sakura was still holding Sasame, so we simply walked away to find a place to rest for awhile. Well after we got over the shock of the beaver/butterfly girl guy thing disappearing in a flash of white along with the two other guys. So after a few steep hills later we came to a shaded tree that Sakura rested Sasame against.

"I don't get it." Naruto mumbled, shortly after.

"Me either." I sighed. "I mean why does the sun have to go away at night. It's a star too, right? The sun should have every right to be in the sky both day and night! The moon just needs to buzz off! Sunny Sun was there first, so he should be able to keep his sky!" My voice got louder and louder as I continued my speech.

"Not that." Naruto sweat-dropped, pushing on my shoulders so I sat back on the ground. "What I don't get is how Pervy-sage detected the Sasame's poison when he got thrashed by Tsunade's numbing poison."

"I was just thinking that." Sakura agreed, "It was pretty sharp of you Jirayah."

"Hey, hey give me some credit." Jirayah mumbled.

"I don't have Credit, but I do have Alfred." I apologized, "But you can't have him. He's mine you hear!" I shouted, scooting away from Jirayah.

"Pervy-sage what were in those rice balls?" Naruto asked, glancing at me and then back at the Toad-sage.

"I'm not sure." Jirayah said.

"Maybe it's just Ida being Ida." Sakura suggested.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I questioned, scooting back closer to my group.

"Nothing." Sakura sighed, "But really Master Jirayah how did you know about the poison?"

"When Sasame mentioned the traitor, Hanzaki, I figured that she'd gotten mixed with some of the Fuma members who deal with Orochimaru." Jirayah explained.

"So in a sense Sasame is working for Orochimaru?" I questioned.

"I guess." Jirayah mumbled. At that moment Sasame's eyes snapped open, and with a flourish she grabbed a kunia and pointed it straight at her neck. Before I could get to her, Jirayah slapped it out of her hands. "What are you doing!" He shouted, rather harshly.

Naruto stepped in-between the Sanin and Fuma member, "Pervy-sage let's just calm down here!"

"No Naruto." Sasame assured, "I deserve whatever."

"You only did this to find Arashi though." Sakura comforted.

"I'm so sorry." Sasame sniffed, "I thought this was the only thing I could do."

"For the crime you have committed there are going to be severe consequences." Jirayah informed.