Racing with Meanies

We brushed aside the incident and went on to get more details of out mission. Of course when we got there Naruto had to be all show off-y and things like like.

"Welcome and thank you all for coming." Jirocho greeted us.

"Hello, I give you my greetings and offer you my services. I have come from the village hidden in the leaves which is also the place of my birth. I was raised on ramen and hard work, and given the family name of Uzumaki, but I'm none to everyone as the-"Naruto ranted on and on.

"Nuckle-head." I said before he could finish.

"Nuckle-head." Naruto repeated, "Aha, very funny Ida!" he shouted, rubbing his head.

Jirocho just started laughing, "You haven't changed at all, I see."

"Yep, and you haven't changed much either big guy." Naruto smiled.

"Wait where did we meet him before?" I asked.

"When we were at the hot spring, and got those guys the money." Naruto told me.

"Really?  I don't remember every meeting him." I pondered.

"Yeah well you were too busy plotting against me!" Naruto's voice started rising.

"You really want to bring that up again. I thought we could just forget and move on, but no you just have to keep going on and-" I started ranting.

"Enough you two, this isn't the time or place." Sasuke butted in.

"Fine." Naruto and I grumbled.

"Now that we've gotten greetings out of the way. Lady Tsunade told us you'd explain more of why we were here." Sasuke of course went right on with what's at hand.

"Very well. You know about the dedication ceremony held at the great Totoroki shrine every four years, don't you?" we all nodded our heads, so he continued. "Well our country is divided between two groups, and the other has been in power for a long time, and treats us very badly, so the race is no longer so friendly. The two powers have had many violent disputes about who controls which part of the land." he started to explain.

"Oh I get it. Sorry for interrupting, but what your saying is the two rival groups compete to see who gets control of the town, instead of just having treat fights for it?" I asked.

"Yes very good. You know a lot of diplomatic problems then?" Jirocho asked me.

"Not a lot, but I do know some." I shurgged.

"The rival of the wasabi won last year by hiring a ninja. They've made these last four years a lot of trouble for us. Then we sent help for you guys, to level the playing field, but our guys were ambushed. I beg you please lend our family your strength." Jirocho pleaded, getting down on his knees.