Chapter 23 - You're enough for me

Stars light the sky like snow-flakes in the night, yet appear still, like an old photograph. The sky is such a welcome sight, appearing like magic. The surface of the lake is as smooth as black glass. I smile feeling the wind blow my hair into a tousled mane.

"Anastasia?" He says and stops paddling.

"Mhmm."

"My battery is dead. What do we do? Should we sleep under this beautiful view? What do you say?" 

"We sleep in the inflatable boat?"

"Sweetheart, got a better idea? Say it, come'on. Or let's do like this. I sleep and you paddle."

"Nah, I don't want to." I reply lazily and he puffs and putting his head down on his hands.

 "Ugh I had a lot of beautiful dreams, you know? I was going to go to Paris and work as an architect there then wear a white gown, and have two or three children. Now all is gone because of you."

"Anna? I didn't wanna interrupt you but I see something there." He points his finger to something but the fog is kinda heavy in there so hard to see. "Something black. Do you see it too? There's something black."

"Oh my god yes. Yes." I stand up and focus on that thing. "Is that an island? I wonder if there's people there." He paddles fast. "Please god help us. I'm gonna say something, this place looks kinda haunted."

We finally reach to that island, he gets out first and drags the boat out then he lifts me out. 

It's nothing like I imagined. There's nothing in here. "There's nobody in here."

"Good. Finally we can rest our heads." He smiles as we walk inside.

"When you said an island. I thought like something big, and I cheered up. But whatever better than sleeping in the water."

Suddenly something shakes behind the tree and I jump in screaming and hide myself behind Jensen's body. "What is there? Is it a wolf? Is it a wolf?" 

"Nah it's probably a lion." I hit him with my bag on the arm but keep hiding behind him.

"What is it? Go check it out." The leaves shake again and I feel my heartbeat quicken. There's no way out of death then, either we die in the sea and fish eat us or in the land and a wolf eats us. 

He bends down a little to check it and I bend with him still grabbing his arm tightly. A goat comes out running proud of herself her head in the air.

"A goat. See, it's just a goat." He says and I leave his arm and take steps towards the goat infront of us.

"What is a goat doing in here?" 

"Come here." He follows the goat trying to catch it.

"Sh Jensen come back. Don't leave me here alone." My voice is a little loud and the goat runs away from us and he turns back at me annoyed.

"See, usually the farmers, in places like this, they leave their livestock, goats etc alone the whole summer. Then at the the end of summer they come back to collect'em." Never heard of something like this. Well I'm not really a farm girl.

"Thank you Nat Geo Wild. Is it real tho?" 

"Aye. Hundred percent sure. And there's a shack in here. Look there. Good. That's good. At least we stay safe. Come let's go.. But stop. I'll tie the boat first." He goes back to the boat and I follow him. I'm so scared, I can't stay away from him.

"I can't see very well to tie it." I take a flashlight from my bag and turn it on on his hands where he's trying to tie it. "How? Did you take a flashlight with you?" He turns to face me.