Chapter 45 - qué sera sera

The event's space looks fantastic. The combination between the fiery reds and the frosty blues is gorgeous.

We arrive a little bit late because of traffic as usual. But there aren't a lot of people yet, most of the tables are empty. The waiter comes to us and accompany us to our table of three chairs.

The tables are draped in red velvet which gives it a rich and expensive feel. And there are large centerpieces of red flowers and red candles held by crystal bowls. The crystal picks up the fire from the candles and reflects it around the room.

The first thing I notice is a block of big huge ice sculptured into a bottle of beer along with little ones sitting randomly around the room. I have to admit it looks so cool.

My eyes can't stop looking from left to the right searching for only one specific person but I don't know where he's hiding.

"Who are you looking for darling?" dad asks putting his hand on mine.

"No o-" and there Jensen shows up and I sigh.

"Huh?"

He is handsome as always, wearing a blue suit with a white shirt underneath. I stare at him for a little too long until he sees me and I avoid eye contact looking in the other direction. I'm supposed to be mad at him and here I am thinking wildly.

"Who the?!" my father turns around but hopefully Jensen is talking to his wife.

"W- what?" both my parents look at me with furrowed brows.

"I asked you, who are you looking for?" my dad repeats, in a strict voice now.

"No one, jus- just the ladies' room. I need to wash my hands." mom raises a brow at me.

She knows.

"Oh okay, ask the waitress over there." dad nods, pointing at one of the waitresses.

Jensen is coming our way, I look behind our table and there is no one there. He is walking here. No, what the hell?!

"How dare he?" mom says between her teeth.

"Jensen?" My father stands up, shaking his hand. He didn't hear mom but I can no longer breathe. My father must know him because they're talking superficially.

Is this man trying to kill me? The room is suddenly hot and I feel like I'm going to throw up.

Jensen extends his hand to shake mom's and I plead her with my eyes to not create a scene. And she does, for once she acts like a good mom and she gives him a small forced smile in front of my dad before she rolls her eyes.

Then me, I shake his hand as my whole body shakes in nervousness and fear. He slides a small piece of paper as our hands touch and I keep it safe.

"Have a good evening." he smiles and leaves.

I thought I was going to faint for a second. I swear my heart was going to explode if he added a second here.

"Honey, you are not going to the bathroom?" dad asks and I gasp.

"Nah, I changed my mind. I don't wanna go." I'm not going to leave this table because I know mom won't keep her mouth shut for the rest of the evening.

"Okay. Let's drink this and see what is it." he points to the large punch bowl laying on our table.

"I'll try it first! It might have alcohol." I'm sure it does so no drink for me.

"I think this is Sangria Piña Colada... sorry darling you can't drink this."

"It's fine."

Mother opens a conversation with dad about stuff that I'm not interested in so I keep searching the place with my eyes. I notice a simple tree branch painted white and decorated with red berry clusters that create another accent piece for the room.