Chapter 40 - mommy issues

"He thinks I'm his princess." I sing down the hallway of my room in a low voice. I laugh biting my lip as I remember Jensen's words to me. 

The door to my room is open and as I push it open, I see mom sitting on my bed and Cheryl looking through the window her face in her hands.

"Who thinks you are his princess?" Mom says, nodding as she leans on my bed.

"Oh thank god you're here. I told your mom you were with Jen.. Janice, right? but she didn't wanna believe me." Cheryl turns to face me.

"Yeah," I know mom won't believe me this shit. She's too smart for this stupid lies.

"Well, I'll go grab some coffee, you guys want some?" 

"Nah, thanks." Cheryl literally runs away.

"You do not need to lie to me because I know you were with him." she stands up from her spot like she's facing an enemy or going into a battle.

"I.. how did you know? Are you tracking my phone now too?" as I finish my sentence I realize that she can't be tracking my phone because this one is a brand new one that she has never see or touched.

"No but that is a good idea. I called this girl, okay?" she says it in a disgusted way making a grimace. "I asked her where were you and she said you were with Jen.. Janine or whatever and that is when I knew there was something going on." 

She must've saved her number when I called her that time from Cheryl's phone because mine ran out of battery.

"What are you doing here, mom?" She can't be serious, coming all the way here from Tulsa just to prove herself right. Even though she can do it, I expect everything from her from now on.

"Do not change the subject. When are you planning on breaking up with that shameless man?" How much I hate that word and she keeps saying it.

"Never, okay? Never." I try to keep my voice low as much as I can.

"You will or I will do it myself. I will not let some pedophile fool my stupid kid." 

"Oh god, you don't fucking understand. I'm not a kid anymore. I'm nineteen okay, one and nine is considered an adult." 

"Oh my goodness, you're rude. Since when do you swear when you talk?" 

"From now on." I reply to her, making sure to keep eye contact with her. I want to cry but I won't, I promised myself that I will no longer cry infront of someone not worth it.

"Is it because of this Cheryl girl? You will get a new dorm right now." 

"No, I won't and she has nothing to do with my actions." I spit back at her.

"Well you are a stubborn girl and I know exactly what to do."

"What?! I swear to god if you go talk to Jensen or you do anything stupid I will never talk to you again ever." I mean it, I really do. It's going to be hard, that's for sure but I will.

"Ha, not me, your daddy will." I literally feel my heart drowning.

No, not dad. I can't.. I can't lose him too.

Why is she so evil? 

Don't cry.

Don't cry.

Don't cry.

"He makes me happy, mom." I smile, fighting back the tears that are blurring my vision.

"No, I don't know what kind of spell he has you under but he made you blind.. His wife called me, Anna."