Chapter 44 - Jake

December 3rd, 2019.

I met Lucas at the Houndstooth Coffee. Cheryl accompanied me too, and we didn't stay more than half an hour here because we had to go shopping for a good dress to wear to the party. I ordered a blueberry iced tea for myself, a Cortado for Luc and a Chai for Cheryl. Our table looked so aesthetic that Cheryl took a snap of it. She was quiet most of the time because we were talking about stuff of our specialty that she didn't understand. I skipped so many hard lessons that I don't know how to catch up. Hopefully Luc agreed to tutor me every night in video calls from tomorrow till the night before the exam.

And I'm so happy that Cheryl apologized to Lucas from all the time she was a bitch to him. Now everything between them is settled down for good.

We are now in the dress shop, Lucas has nothing to do so he accompanied us. 

This is the third dress I try from my choosing. It's an orange maxi dress. I don't like it so much but I don't think it matters. I just need to wear something and get it over with.

I get out of the fitting room, making a little show for my friends.

"It's nice. You look good in it!" Lucas remarks, gesturing with his finger to me to turn around and I obey.

"What?!" Cheryl cuts him. "This is ugly, nothing good in it. It's horrible in so many ways, god. It's long, has sleeves, and don't get me started with the neck area.. ugh. This is a fucking party not a meeting with your grandma."

"Okay, okay.. You said enough, I get it." I actually agree with her a little bit. This dress is boring in so many ways.  

"Let me pick for you. Pleaaaase." she stands up and goes hunting for a dress before I even agree.

The three dresses, Cheryl chooses are all red. 

"Don't you think red is a little bit too much?" Not just too much it's even out of theme.

"I think the dresses you chose are a little bit too much in to theme."

"So you went to red?" Lucas asks her.

"Yes. Because first of all, red is the color of fire and it's acceptable in all occasions,"

"Not in funerals." Lucas says between his teeth.

"I'd damn sure wear red to my sugar daddy's funeral." she replies. 

I have no doubt she won't.

"And secondly, I think you need to look like a bad bitch, all powerful, screaming boss woman, babe." she says the whole phrase with an accent. It feels like Nicki Minaj talking right now.

"And thirdly, to despise some people. You need to show'em that you're not sad. It doesn't affect you. and mostly you don't fucking care, you're the whole damn cake and the cherry on top."

Oof, that's motivational as hell and persuasive. I wish I had that confidence she has but I will wear a red dress, and I won't care about anyone.

Lucas whistles, "You convinced me too, Anna you need to wear a fire engine red." 

"Okay, red it is."

No way, I'm going to get out like this infront of Lucas let alone wear this dress to a party where my parents are going to be. It's so wrong in all the ways.

It's very short which doesn't bother me so much because it's not body con but still it would make me uncomfortable. And the important thing is its fabric is sheer in the chest area and it's backless so you're not meant to wear a bra with it.

What the hell! it doesn't even need thinking this is a straight no.

Cheryl's dresses are a no. They make me all feel naked. They look like stripper's clothes or nighties.