Chapter 21 - First Date

I  haven't slept all night, I couldn't stop thinking about what happened. His words keep playing in my head over and over. What does that even mean? 

And the reaction on Alexandra's face and especially the way she looked at me, I could see disgust in her eyes. What am I going to do now? What if she tells everyone else? Hopefully she doesn't. Oh my god my parents are going to find out. They'll never forgive me. I'll end up homeless for sure. I should probably start packing once I get back from college. What if she already told everyone else? Maybe I shouldn't go back there. Yeah and it's just some clothes... well pretty much everything I own. I hear about people starting there life all over again from zero all the time. I wonder if it's something I can do, I don't think I am. I had my parents as backup my whole life.

"Psst Psst" I hear a voice from behind that snaps me out of my thoughts. It's one of these perverts again. I'm not in a mood to fight. I pretend I didn't hear him and don't even look behind. 

"Yo beautiful, where are you going?" He adds, getting closer with his car. 

He's getting on my nerves and I'm ready to make him regret the second he thought of me. I stand for a second and breathe in deeply. I look around and spot a rock on my way. I take it quickly and run to that car and almost hit him.

"Hey hey stop stop. It's me. It's me." Jensen gets out of the car and I put my hand down.

"What are you doing ya? I almost hit you with a rock" I gasp and throw it on the ground.

"Okay okay. I was just joking." He laughs. I have to say he looks so cute when he's laughing but I can't enjoy that because of the situations he puts me in.

"You freaked me out." I reply.

"Really?! I'm so sorry then. I didn't know you'd be so afraid." He puts both his hands on my cheeks and rub gently on the skin with his thumb.

"I'm fine" I move my head a little and he removes his hands.

"C'mon let me drive you to college." He's in a good mood today. I'm not used to see him like this but unfortunately I'm not. He doesn't know how ruined my life is.

"No, I'll go alone." 

"Oh common! I was waiting here for hours." He grabs my hand before I say anything and walk me to the passenger seat of the car and open the door for me. I look left and right hesitating and hoping that no one sees us as I get inside.

"Hey. You know Alexandra-" I say as I adjust my seat belt but he doesn't let me finish.

"I took care of her." He replies calmly.

"What does that mean?" I can't stop thinking about him murdering her. I mean usually in movies when they say that they mean they killed them.

"Everyone has a price. you know?" Alexandra is not a person like that. And somehow I feel relieved again but I need to put an end to this. It's just a matter of time before everyone else finds out.

"Okaaaaay... But this really must end now." I look him straight in the eyes.

"Oh shut up. You enjoy being around me." 

"A loooot!" I say raising an eyebrow at him and look away to the window.

"Look, you smiled. Means I'm right" He says smirking. 

"No, I didn't." I say in a strict tone and a strict face.

"You did." He raises both his eyebrows.

"No." I roll my eyes at him and stare at the window.

After a while, I start realizing that this isn't the way to college. We are out in the middle of nowhere. I am nervous now, we are alone, really alone. There are no cars, no buildings, nothing.