Chapter 38: Unsettled Dark

The best she could do was forgive herself for thinking she was broken, because someone who should've loved her didn't~

*✿❀✿━━༻❁༺━━✿❀✿*

His body was all over sweaty which made her scoot away. But her movements came to a halt when his rough voice was heard.

"P.. please.. save me..."

The hand on her mouth just made her muffle and shake her head. She ended up opening her mouth a little so that she could bite the palm. She was free in the next second as he hissed in pain, but immediately kept his hand over his own mouth to shut himself.

"Yah! What do you think you-"

"Shhhhh! Please Natsumi just-"

Both were interrupted by another knock on her door, behind which they stood. The girl had her brows jump and the guy's eyes widened in horror when they heard the security guard's voice. "Mam, we heard some noises. Is everything fine in there?"

The guy who sticked to the door shaked his head slowly and had both of his hands placed on the wooden door in an awkward position. His lips tightened and he had more than an innocent hopeful look portrayed on his expressions.

"Y-Yes. Everything is great!" Natsumi responded back, her eyes still on him.

"Oh okay." The guard sounds. "There was an intruder in the building who ran in this block. Looks like he is gone through the back side. Sorry for disturbing you, Mam."

The footsteps faded away slowly, evidentiary to the point that the security left.

She huffed a breath when she saw the guy drooping down and the air of relief was exhaled by him.

"What the heck did you do?" She glared at him.

His head shot up and an awkward smile lifted upon his lips. His back was still pressed against the door when he stood straight again, trying to look everywhere but at her. She cleared her throat and had her arms wrap infront of her chest, clearly making him spit out some words.

"I was not in a hurry when I did not trip on a row of bikes and then definitely did not run into the building like a kid chased by a dog whose tail he stepped on." She narrows her eyes at those rushed words. "Uh- the dog being the guard in this case.." he clarifies.

She taps her foot restlessly on the floor. "May I ask you why you were in such a hurry Jungk-"

"You finally got a guy blossom!" He jumps and rushed with open arms. "After two- no.. three years!"

She jerked back due to the force and scrunched her nose once again as his sweat was making the tight hug worse. "L-Let me breathe!"

"I'm sorry I saw your text a bit late." He lets her escape his arms. "But as soon as I saw it- you know.. I thought I ran faster than Usain Bolt that I forgot I had a car!" His eyes widens in excitement. "But your apartment is close to mine so that wasn't a problem.. the sweat is though."