Chapter 37: Heartsick Lover

She tried to forgive herself for thinking she was broken because someone who should've loved her didn't~

*✿❀✿━━༻❁༺━━✿❀✿*

"I'm so sorry I probably look tired from work... If I would have known that you are coming over I-"

"No no dear. It's totally fine.. Please feel comfortable infront of me."

The older woman tried to make her daughter's boyfriend feel relaxed and not too pressured about the fact that he is meeting her mother for the first time.

Eunjae released a breath and pursed a smile creeping onto her lips while seeing him so awkward like this.

Jungkook was called by Eunjae again today evening telling him a surprise was prepared for him. But the latter had no idea that meeting her mother will be the surprise for which he had been coming excitedly from work.

He got freshened up after a fiddly greet to her mom in the living room. Now they all had themselves seated on the chairs of the dining table.

Meeting your girlfriend's parents could either be a really easy job to accomplish or the hardest there could be. Yet he was meeting the old woman, who barely even looked 40, after all the mishap that took place.

The food was served hot and fresh, steams getting evaporated in the air. Jungkook scarcely had an appetite at this point and the conversation kept on going.

First impression is the last impression.

The only motive going in the guy's head and he tried to be as gentle and sweet as possible, even though Eunjae could say he didn't even had to try.. he was already a gentleman.

"So.." her mom started. "When did you guys start dating?"

Eunjae chewed down her food and looked over Jungkook. "Um.. 2 two months.. right?"

"Yeah... two months." He nodded.

"Any news out..?" Her mom mumbled carefully.

Eunjae shaked her head and keeps her chopsticks down, to pick up the spoon instead for the curry bowl. "A few rumours here and there.. no announcement made by us."

Realising what Eunjae said, her thoughts were unwelcomed. Sejun was gone and there was no need to hide it from the media anymore..was it? She knew how Jungkook always wanted that people get to know about them, not practically publishing it out in the world, but just that even if they were caught, they won't have to worry.

Her mind diverted between her thinking and her mother's and boyfriend's talks. Jungkook seemed more comfortable now and dwelled with the fact that she was a sweet and sophisticated woman with a kind heart.