Chapter 23: Little Promises

Forgiving was never the issue.. Forgetting was~

 Forgetting was~

*✿❀✿━━༻❁༺━━✿❀✿*

Mr Lee stood at the front gate of the huge mansion.

In a few seconds, the door of the house got open as one of the maids bowed to him and he followed her towards a room.

The maid knocked at the big wooden door when she said. "Shujin sama(master), Mr Lee is here to meet you."

The door was soon opened by her as she asked Mr Lee to enter. As he took a few steps inside the huge bedroom, he was greeted by his old friend on the bed who was trying to sit up straight as he saw him.

"How has Mr Jeon Jungseok been doing without his friend?" He laughed as he took a seat on the couch, next to the bed.

"Long time no see, Sejun.. I am not much well you see.. but you tell me.. how are things going in Incheon? How is your wife doing?" He asked as he tucks a pillow behind his back.

"She is lovely. I am happy to move from Japan to Incheon." He shifted his gaze on the nightstand. "Another novel completed?"

He looks down at the book as Jungseok chuckles. "This is what I am left with I guess.. This cancer won't let me last for long I think. And at this time.. when I want to live the last moments of my life happily, people are leaving me."

He took a deep breath. "First Jungkook ran away, then you left for Incheon and now.. I have no idea about the next head of Jeon Nation."

Mr Lee leaned on the couch as he realised how much of a mental stress his friend has been put into by all this.

Lee Sejun and Jeon Jungseok has been great friends for years now. Sejun works in his company at a high post and that's how they first started knowing each other.

He had been a great friend though... Both have always helped each other out of stress and Sejun knows Jungseok very well.

But the other side, Jungseok wasn't really aware about his family problems nor Sejun used to talk about all that. The only thing that Jungseok did not like about Sejun was how his personal life was so much out of Jeon's sight.

Still he respects it, he believes Sejun that whatever has happened at his home must be terrible for him that he does not want to be reminded about it. For Jungseok, Sejun was the best that he had as a friend after the death of his other friend fifteen years ago...

"Jungkook will surely come back to you, Jungseok.. he is still young and immature at this. Let him take his time.." Sejun says as he patted his shoulder slightly.