Chapter 24: Who's Hurt?

You know what her problem was? She gets attached too fast~

*✿❀✿━━༻❁༺━━✿❀✿*

"Wow! See.. you look so pretty."

Her face was blank as she stared at her reflection while the nurse held her tiny shoulders to make her see herself.

She wore a cute frock after bathing which made her look like a cute little angel.

Angel... That's what they called her.

Her lips were pouty and her eyes started wavering as she searched for something in the room they stood in.

The little girl jerked off the nurse's hands and walked faster towards the bed on which her dear pink teddy was kept on. She reached out for it and tightly grabbed it in her tiny arms.

"Come. It's playtime..." The nurse walked towards her with a warm smile.

Angel just moved back like always and hid her face in the fur of her teddy as she peeped at the nurse approaching her.

The nurse crouched down on her knees to get on her level as she slightly patted her head.

"Let me go... I want to go back to momma..." Angel spoke with her voice scared and helpless.

It's been a week since they got her here from the forest and ever since that day, she had been saying this one sentence.

The nurse felt bad for the lovely girl. She works in a place where she had seen the terrible side of humans.

She just cupped her cheeks and rubbed her shoulders. Can someone be this cruel.. she thought.

Her parents weren't coming back for sure. She knew by now that they had abandoned their little princess in a forest to die or for some wild animal to fill its stomach.

"Don't worry dear... You are fine here, your teddy is fine here..." The nurse said as she stood up and holding her small hand lightly to bring her out in the play area.

Angel's gaze was constantly at the ground as she did not wanted to meet her eyes with the other children there.

Tiny tods filled the area with their laughs and cheers. They were happy and running after each other, some playing and fighting for the swings.. some using the building blocks to enjoy their playtime.

And there she was.. still not wanting to do anything and just sit on the bench. As the nurse left her to go and check onto the other kids, a familiar man with his kid walked into the room.

"Good morning sir." Angel heard the nurse greet.

"He wanted to visit and play. And I have a busy day today.. I hope you can take care of his naughtiness again." The man laughed.