Chapter 13

Liam's p.o.v

"C'mon, Niall, lighten up. It's just much needed baby shopping, it's not like it's a house." Holding the shop door open, Liam sighed, rolling his eyes before he spoke, raising an eyebrow as Niall turned to face him.

Folding his arms, Niall glared at the older guy, leaning against the shop wall as he continued to frown, his stubborn streak showing as he said "I'm not letting you pay for it. You always pay, for everything. Next thing I know, you'll have bought a house. You're not buying a house, are you?"

Smirking, Liam took his hand, leading Niall through the shop, past the girly section, grabbing a trolley before saying "It's for the baby, Niall. It's not like I'm insisting on buying a house. Will you please drop it? C'mon, please just relax and forget who's paying. You've been wanting to go baby shopping for ages..."

"You've already moved me into your flat, let me live there rent free, giving up one of your spare rooms, Liam, I can't let you keep paying for me. On a subconscious level..... it makes me feel ... cheap." Biting his lip, Niall stared at the little onesies as he spoke, reaching out and stroking the fabric between his fingers as he sighed.

Placing the onesie Niall had been looking at into the trolley, Liam sighed as he said "Our flat. It's our flat. Niall, you don't need to feel that way. I have more than enough funds, and you don't let me do anything. I want to pay for things, so I will. Tell your subconscious to go away if it bothers you that much. For me, money isn't an object and it never will be. C'mon, please just accept that I'm going to pay and start choosing things for the baby."

Sighing in defeat, Niall smiled slightly as he reached out and grabbed another onesie, placing it in the trolley before selecting a pale blue onesie with a fluffy hood. Grabbing another onesie, Niall smiled properly before conceding. "Okay, okay. But I'm paying for lunch."

***********

"Which crib do you like, Niall? The white one, or the wooden one?"

Pushing around their over loaded trolley, Liam grinned at Niall before leading him over to yet another crib, not noticing as Niall sighed.

Wrapping an arm around his stomach, Niall leant against Liam, absentmindedly nodding his head as he muttered "I don't mind. The wooden one, I suppose."

Finally noticing Niall's tone, the older guy stopped, turning around before looking at Niall, visibly concerned as he said. "Are you okay?"

Silently shaking his head, Niall tried not to yawn as he leant in to Liam's jacket, wincing as he saw how much they'd bought.

"Niall? Do you need to sit down? Are you alright?" Detaching Niall from his coat, Liam started towards the till as he spoke, oblivious to the looks from the staff.

Frowning slightly as he watched Liam present a credit card, Niall linked his fingers through Liam's as he said "I'm just tired. And maybe hungry. We don't have to finish shopping now, you know, we can go back to look at cribs and pushchairs, Liam."

"We still have three to four months to finish shopping, right now, Niall, your more important. Where would you like to go to get some food?" Shaking his head, Liam accepted the bags of shopping, managing to sort everything without letting go of Niall's hand in the process, as he spoke, motioning at an assistant as they headed towards the door.

Looking confused, Niall bit his lip as he asked "To get some food?"

Unlocking his car boot, Liam placed their shopping inside, moving to open Niall's door as he said "You said you were hungry. Where would you like to go? There's an amazing little restaurant just around the corner from here..."

Biting his lip, Niall awkwardly crossed his legs as he muttered "I wasn't talking about food."

Coughing, Liam gripped the steering wheel tighter, mentally counting from one to ten before saying "As I said, I know this great little restaurant just around the corner. Or we can go to that cafe you like.... Or we can get take out...."

*********

Taking a sip of his drink, Liam looked around the restaurant, a sigh of relief coursing through him as he noted that they were the only patrons their, except for an older couple in the far corner.

Noticing Niall's look of distaste, Liam sighed before he asked "Are you alright?"

Looking up, Niall blinked, biting his lip as he said "What? Huh, I'm fine, Liam. We never talked about... the night Sophia ... visited."

"I thought we did... Are you still mad? We've been through this....." Loosening his tie as he spoke, Liam frowned slightly.

Pushing his plate away, Niall smiled slightly, trying not to laugh at the adorable look of confusion on Liam's face, shifting in his seat awkwardly before saying "Not about Sophia. I was meaning just before I left. I admitted I liked you, you....."

A look of realisation flashing across his face, Liam stared at the younger guy as he said "Oh.......... We didn't, no. Why? Where are you going with this?"

Sounding older that his twenty three years, Niall took a sip of his water before saying "It's time we talked. We've been avoiding this conversation for the last month, don't you thing it's time we did?"

Looking down, Liam ran a hand through his hair, glad that the restaurant was practically empty, aware of how weird it was as he said "You're right. We should talk about it. I meant what I said. I like you Niall. I really like you."

"I meant it when I said I liked you. I do Liam. I like you...." Leaning across the table, Niall kissed Liam's cheek, blushing slightly as he pulled away.

**********

"Home sweet home."

Holding the front door open, Liam grinned as Niall took in the exact amount of bags full of supplies they'd bought, trying not to laugh at the look of disbelief on the younger guys face.

"How much stuff did you buy?! How much did you spend?" Picking up the bag with the onesies, Niall tried and failed to sound irritated as he spoke, smiling as he saw the fluffy onesie.

Smiling, Liam took the rest of the bags into the kitchen as he said "We spent only what we needed to, Niall. Everything that we bought is needed for the baby."

Looking up at Liam, Niall bit his lip before saying "Um... Liam, can I try something?"

Not waiting for an answer, he stretched up, minding his baby bump as he kissed Liam, wrapping his arms around his neck as Liam's arm went around his waist.

Pulling back, Liam didn't move his arm from Niall's waist, raising an eyebrow as he said "Next time, you don't have to ask."

Returning Liam's smirk, Niall stretched up again, gasping slightly as Liam picked him, before kissing him, starting to undo his shirt buttons as Liam headed towards his room.