Chapter 28

Niall's p.o.v

"-and remember, you have the paediatricians number in the notebook, my number and Liam can be reached through his blackberry if you need him."

Rocking Kieran in his arms as he spoke, Niall tilted his head and stared critically around Louis' flat, pursing his lips as he noticed the many safety hazards scattered around the his best friends home. Hoping Louis wouldn't notice the eagerness in his voice, Niall tried not to sound overly anxious for Louis to back out as he continued. "Are you sure you want to watch Kieran? Because I could call Liam and cancel, Lou. We wouldn't mind."

Sighing, Louis walked over to Niall, abandoning the ready meal he'd been trying to figure out how to cook before he pried Kieran from Niall's arms. "Ni, Kieran and I will be fine. Hazza will be home in an hour, and don't you dare cancel. It took Liam's secretary and me three weeks to arrange this and get dinner reservations, you are not cancelling this. Kieran's last three weekly check ups were fine, you said that yourself, and I have six younger siblings, two of whom were infants not that long ago. Things will be fine here, Ni, so just go and enjoy a night out with the cradle- Liam."

Opening his mouth to say something, Niall looked more than slightly pissed as Louis interrupted again. "Please Ni? Go out with Liam, and trust the unpaid babysitter. I arranged for him to be waiting outside in ten minutes. Go.... please?"

Nodding his head in defeat, Niall managed to get his son back from Louis, holding Kieran close to him as he said "Okay, okay. I'll go out and try to have a nice time. Just..... don't let anything happen to him, or-"

"Or you'll kill me? Got it, Ni." Once again managing to pry Kieran out of Niall's arms, Louis nodded solemnly resisting the urge to laugh at his best friend.

Kissing Kieran's cheek, Niall nodded, unsure of what to do with himself before he began to babble. "I will. And then I'll kill Harry. As I said earlier, you have all the important numbers, there two bottles of formula in the bag, with instructions on how to make more, you already have the travel cot, there's plenty of spare diapers and his favourite blanket is in the bag, as is his favourite bear-"

Smiling, Louis hoped Niall would actually enjoy his date as he propelled him towards the door, laughing as Kieran attempted to wave, the baby screwing his face up as he watched Niall leave.

************

Glancing back towards the lift, Niall resisted the urge to run back into it and up to Louis flat, instead choosing to take a deep breath before emerging into the car park, smiling slightly as he saw Liam stood leaning against the hood of his car.

Straightening up, Liam smiled back at Niall, his smile widening as he saw his skin tight jeans and another of Liam's sweaters, opening the car door as he approached. "Hey, you."

"Hey yourself." Climbing into the car, Niall smiled again as Liam closed the door for him, nestling back into the leather seat as Liam climbed into the drivers seat, pulling his jumper sleeves over his wrist as he asked "Do you even know where Louis made the reservations?"

Nodding, Liam kept both hands on the wheel as he said "I know of it, an acquaintance of mine from uni owns it, but I've never been. It's not far from Louis' place anyway."

Leaning back into the leather seat, Niall made a noncommittal 'hmm' noise before closing his eyes, smiling again as he noticed the ever familiar smell that seemed to hang around Liam, trying not to noticeably inhale the almost intoxicating smell of mint, his regular cologne and, for some inexplicable reason, chocolate.

Opening his eyes as he felt the vehicle stop, Niall grinned as he watched Liam get out and open his door for him. Accepting the hand Liam offered him, he got out the car, linking his fingers with Liam's before he leant into the older guys side smiling as Liam held the door open, waiting for him to enter before following him inside and pulled his chair out for him at their table. Noticing Liam's attire for the first time, Niall tried not to stare at the way his black shirt clung to him, and the way his dark suit emphasised his eyes.

************

"C'mon Ni..... stop looking at your phone. Obviously Kieran is fine or Louis would've called."

Prying the mobile out of Niall's hand, Liam smiled as he let out a whine, leaning over and kissing his cheek as he placed the phone in his jacket pocket.

"I know everything is fine but it's the first time we've left Kieran with anyone for the night, Li, and-" His voice trailing off, Niall stared down at the table cloth, fingering his wine glass as he spoke.

Linking their fingers together Liam, wary of the waiters approaching their table, kissed Niall's cheek again, leaning over the table as he said "And there's no one I would trust more than Louis to watch Kieran for the night."

Pulling back, Niall seemed surprised at Liam's words, blinking a couple of times before saying "You actually trust Louis? I mean....... I thought you didn't like him or approve of him, yet 'there's no one you would trust more'?"

Trying not to laugh at the look of disbelief on the twenty three year olds face, Liam took a sip of his drink before answering Niall. "I've found that Louis isn't so bad. He's your best friend, Ni, and if you trust him, then I'll trust him too."

"Huh..." About to continue, Niall opened his mouth to say something when a waiter finally approached their table, setting down one slice of chocolate cake with two forks. Grabbing a fork, he let out a whine of protest as Liam stole the chunk of cake he'd been about to take.

Smirking at Niall, Liam sighed as he began to pout, picking up a piece with his fork and feeding it to Niall. Gasping as Niall speared a piece of cake on his fork and smeared it across Liam's nose, Liam shook his head, letting out an almost inaudible moan as Niall, smirking back at him, leaned over and scraped a spot of icing off his cheek from where it had splattered and proceeded to suck his finger, making Liam think of something way too inappropriate for the place they were sat in. Grabbing a napkin and wiping his face, Liam, forgetting where they were eating, picked up a chunk of cake and smushed it into Niall's face in retaliation.

Snatching up the napkin Liam had used, he wiped the cake off of his face, keeping his gaze on the table cloth, intending to glare at Liam, instead finding himself leaning across the table and kissing him.

Kissing him back harder, Liam pulled away as he noticed the glares and disproving mutterings coming from the other patrons. Pulling out his wallet and throwing a handful of notes into the table, he grabbed Niall's hand and the two of them left, half running, half walking as they left, until Niall stopped in the car park, reaching up and kissing him again, both of them oblivious to the rain and the stares of the people from inside the restaurant.

Pulling back, Niall brushed his hair out his eyes and wiped the rain out of his eyes before smiling up at Liam, freezing as he noticed they way he was staring. "What?"

Shaking his head, Liam took off his suit jacket, placing it around Niall's shoulders before tucking a stray lock of hair behind his ear. "Nothing."

"What is it? You were staring, so there's obviously something..." Pulling the jacket closer around him, Niall wiped the rain off of his face as he stared up at Liam, admiring the way the rain made the already tightly fitted shirt clung to him.

Linking his fingers with Niall's, Liam met his gaze, walking towards their car as he said "Really, it's nothing. It's..... it's just, you look beautiful stood there. Even in the rain, you look beautiful."

Leaning upwards, Niall wished that he could stop time, pause the moment and revisit this memory again and again as he kissed Liam, wrapping his arms around his neck as Liam kissed him back harder, wrapping his arms around Niall's waist, leaning back against the Bentley until the alarm began to sound.

Laughing, Niall smiled as Liam opened his car door, leaning back into his seat before kissing Liam again, privately thanking Louis for making him go out when Liam pulled back and started the engine.

Kissing Liam again, Niall barely managed to shut and lock the door to their apartment as he wriggled out of Liam's jacket and let it fall to the floor, not caring about the thud it made as his phone surely hit the floor harder than it could take, and kicked off his shoes before following Liam, stepping over his shirt before losing the sweater he was wearing and struggling out of his jeans, letting out a moan as Liam moved from nipping at his earlobe to his sweet spot at the base of his neck.

Pulling Liam down onto the bed with him, Niall whined as Liam pulled back to grab a condom, kissing him again before rolling them over so Liam was on top of him and in control.