Chapter 14

Niall's p.o.v

"Liam, bro........ oh fuck, I had no idea you were in here with someone..... Sorry, man."

Hearing the door open and a familiar Bradford accent swear, Niall opened his eyes, immediately closing them as he realised where he was and who'd walked in on them. Stretching out against Liam's superior sheets, he winced at how stiff he was, reaching to seek out Liam's warmth as he heard the older guy groan.

Feeling Liam pull the sheet closer around the both of them, Niall suppressed a sigh as he heard Liam groan again before saying "Zayn.... get the fuck out of here. What the hell are you even doing here? Get out the fuck out."

Sighing as he felt Liam get up, Niall pulled himself upright, awkwardly reaching for one of Liam's shirts discarded on the floor, nodding as it hung past his thighs, doing up most of the buttons before standing. Heading out of Liam's room, Niall absentmindedly wrapped an arm around his stomach as he headed towards the kitchen, pausing behind the door as he heard his name.

Listening from behind the door, he bit his lip as he heard Zayn say "So...... how are things between you and Niall?"

"I'm not going to deign to answer that, Zee." Peeking his head around the door, Niall noticed the tension in the older guys shoulders, trying not to focus on Liam's lack of shirt or low slung pyjama trousers as he eavesdropped.

Readjust his tie, Zayn smirked as he said "Oh c'mon, Liam. Tell me, if you didn't sleep with him, what were the two of you doing?"

"Zayn. I'm not gonna answer that. Tell me, are you a thirty three year old guy or a fifteen year old girl on the school ground? Why do you care?"

"Cause it's you. You have never actually been in a proper relationship and don't bring up the dancer chick as she doesn't count either. You, Liam, my friend, my brother, have never been in a relationship that wasn't incredibly fucked up. Forgive your only friend for being curious." Frowning as he listened to the Bradford guy, Niall tried not to make a sound, oddly curious as to where they were going with their conversation.

Grabbing the mug of coffee handed to him, Liam sighed, running a hand through his obviously fucked hair as he sighed. "Zayn, you don't need to remind me of that. Whatever or wherever Niall and I are headed for is none of your business and, frankly, last night isn't anything that I'm going to tell you about. What are you even doing here? I thought the company had you in Bolivia."

"It was Greece. I was in Greece, as per your orders. You know, as your best friend, I'm worried. You're normally far more pleased to see me. Once again, your assistant had me flown back in as no one had seen or heard from in weeks." Knocking a mug over, Zayn tried to look offended as he spoke, failing miserably as he saw the bemused expression on Liam's face.

Sighing, Liam threw the kitchen roll at him before he said "Jeez. Firstly you and her make a fuss over me working too much and that I should cut back on the time at the office, then she sends you to spy on me. Still doesn't explain how you got in. I took your key away months ago after you crashed on my couch and puked into my TV."

Avoiding pieces of broken china, Zayn pouted as he shrugged, sheepishly handing over a key as he spoke."I took the spare key you kept in your office. I hadn't realised that you'd be ..... Are you still mad about the whole tv thing? Li, I swear I didn't mean to damage it. I was drunk, things happen."

Grabbing the key, Liam sighed, sounding older that thirty four as he said "No, I'm not mad that you puked inside my 3D Tv. I got a refund. And you still haven't explained why you felt the need to come into my bedroom."

"Oh. Umm. Fuck. That's the thing, I can't actually explain that. Sorry, man. I can assure you it won't ever happen again." Shrugging, Zayn shifted in his seat, scratching it against the floor as he spoke.

Smirking, Niall cleared his throat before entering the kitchen. Glaring as he noticed Zayn staring at him, he pulled Liam's shirt further down before pulling out a stool at the breakfast bar. Nodding, Niall raised an eyebrow at Liam as Zayn shifted in his seat.

Sighing, the older guy set a coffee down in front him as he said "Niall. Behave. Please?"

Pushing the coffee away, Niall glanced towards Liam's best friend before muttering "Fine."

Frowning at Liam, Zayn stared at Niall's obvious, six month baby bump as he asked "What's wrong with the coffee?"

"Caffeine isn't good for the baby. Why are you still here? I thought you were in Bolivia...." Scowling at Zayn as he spoke, Niall stood up, holding a hand over his mouth before heading towards the bathroom.

Grabbing the abandoned coffee, Zayn took a sip before he said "Well.... that was awkward. Why does he hate me so much?"

Staring in the direction of the bathroom, Liam winced as he heard the sounds of Niall puking before saying "Why do you even care? You've been obsessing over him and me. Zee, just drop it."

Flinching as Niall came back through and sat back down next to him, Zayn stared as Liam hands him a glass of water, downing the rest of the coffee before muttering "I should probably go. I've checked that your still alive, I'm probably needed at the office. Laters, Li."

"Laters, Zee."

**********

"Why does he always come here stupidly early in the morning?" Resting his head on Liam's bare shoulder as he spoke, Niall kept his gaze on the TV, sighing as Woody and Buzz argued for the billionth time.

"Who? Zayn?" Looking away from his favourite film, Liam frowned as he spoke.

Throwing a cushion at Liam, Niall let his hormones rule his mouth as he said "No, Gandalf. Of course I meant Zayn."

Pausing the dvd, Liam frowned before saying "It's how he works. He spends most of his time working, six o clock in the morning is late for him. Why are you thinking about Zayn, anyway?"

"Just thinking." Playing with the cuffs on the shirt he was wearing, Niall bit his lip as he spoke, managing to dig an elbow into the older guys rib cage as he struggled to reach for the remote.

Kissing Niall's cheek, Liam passed him the remote, smirking at the look on his face as he said "Thinking. Isn't that dangerous?"