Chapter 4

Liam's p.o.v

"Love, I know we were meant to go out today, but something came up...... No, there is no one else. I know I've been cancelling our plans, but I'm just super busy at the moment....... Soph, you gotta trust me. Look, I'll call you later."

Hanging up the phone, Liam wanted to scream. She wouldn't stop calling and Niall was gonna be there and ........ things were getting so fucked up.

Taking a deep breath, he put his phone away, locking it in a drawer before leaving his study.

Now was not the time to get distracted.

Niall and .... Louis would be arriving with all of Niall's stuff soon and from what Louis had told him, Niall was pissed off at everyone today.

Letting this distract him would only fuck up everything.

Hearing someone buzzing the intercom, Liam rolled his shirt sleeves up before seeing who it was. Giving Niall access, Liam made a mental note to give him the building's access code and a key, before holding the door open and waiting for the first of the many, many convoys bringing Niall's belongings.

Avoiding several moving guys, Liam nodded as Niall walked into the apartment, unsure of how to react as, despite how... intimate that had and their current ... situation, they were practically strangers.

Taking in how pale Niall was, and the dark bags under his eyes, Liam looked concerned as he addressed Niall. "Are you okay? What's wrong?"

Scowling, Niall wrapped his arms around his stomach, looking like he was about to puke as he mumbled. "No. I'm not okay. It's all your fault. And if anyone asks me if I'm alright or what's wrong one more time......"

Smirking as he watched Niall run in the direction of the bathroom, Louis dropped the box he'd been carrying, inspecting his finger nails as he said "Its not your fault. He's just been taking bitchy pills, don't listen to him."

Picking up the box Louis had discarded, Liam looked confused, staring questioning at Louis before saying "Bitchy pills?"

"Hormone supplicants. Those, combined with the hour he already spent puking, the stress of moving in with someone he barely know and a half hour in the car with me, are part of the reason Niall is so pissed off." Glancing around Liams apartment as he spoke, Louis didn't seem phased as he took in the sheer massiveness of the place.

Biting his lip, Liam glanced in the direction of the bathroom, frowning slightly before he said "And how long is he gonna be on these....... hormone pills?"

Looking smug, Louis rolled his eyes at the look of panic on Liam's face as he smirked "Another seven months. You're stuck with him, good luck."

***********

Setting the last of the boxes inside what was now Niall's room, Liam pulled at his shirt collar as he said "All finished. Do you need a hand unpacking, or ......"

Rubbing his back, Niall started to rummage through one of the dozens of boxes before snapping "I can manage."

Holding his hands up in a conciliatory gesture, Liam retreated from the room before muttering "Thank you for helping me with the boxes, Liam, thank you for letting me live with you. Thank you so much, for everything. Why, you're welcome Niall. Glad I could help you out. Really, it's no problem."

Scowling at Liam through the door, Niall flipped him off before saying "You don't have to be such an asshole."

*****

Sat back in his study, Liam was engaged in a staring contest with his phone, watching as the missed calls from her continued to increase.

Resting his head on the cool mahogany desk, Liam was contemplating just answering the damned thing, and getting the long avoided phone call over with, when he heard a scream, followed by a string of swear words Liam hadn't heard used since uni.

Hearing an Irish accent swearing at the top of his lungs - "Motherfucker. Holy fuck. Shit. Oh my fucking god," - Liam entered Niall's room nearly having a heart attack, expecting to see him laying on the floor with a knife in his back, not standing, swearing at pile of books, clutching his hand.

Exhaling loudly, Liam glanced over at Niall before saying "What the hell is happening in hear? You almost gave me a heart attack."

Expecting Niall to turn on him and cuss him out, Liams head snapped up when he heard a soft whimper, not expecting to see the younger boy crying.

"Niall? Are you okay?"

Shaking his head, Niall sat on the edge of a pile of boxes, unable to speak.

Unsure of how to react, Liam stood awkwardly in the middle of the room, watching Niall cry before asking "Hormones?"

Nodding, Niall wrapped his arms around his stomach, still sniffling, freezing as Liam sat next to him, rubbing his back.

Resting his head on Liam's shoulder, Niall rubbed his eyes before muttering "Thanks. Sorry I was such a bitch earlier."

Smiling slightly, Liam looked down at Niall before he said "Its fine. Sorry I was such an asshole. You didn't mean it, I shouldn't have acted like a child."

Leaning against Liam, Niall smiled back, before saying "I shouldn't have taken that out on you. Thank you, for everything."

Standing up, Liam looked around the room, taking in all the boxes still to be unpacked as he said "As I said, its fine. Do you need a hand with any of this?"

Walking over to the biggest stack of boxes, Niall wiped the remaining tears away as he murmured "That'd be great."

_____________________________

Authors note: hey peeps!

Wazzup?

I can't believe you got me over a hundred reads already!!!

I wanted to post this last night, but I had to babysit my neighbours kids.

I'd love to hear what you think -

Please

Vote

and

Comment.

Dizzy xxx