Chapter 7

Niall's p.o.v

"Liam, bro, what up? What took you so long to open the door? Seriously...... Wait .... you're not Liam. Who the hell are you? Am I at the wrong address? How?"

Opening the door, Niall groaned when a seriously over caffeinated guy in a suit started rambling on. Pulling the oversized shirt he'd slept in closer around him, Niall felt self conscious as the stranger stared at him, shifting his weight from foot to the other before he said "I live here. Who are you?"

Glancing down at his watch, the stranger ran his hair through his hair, staring at Niall before saying "I asked you first. Where's Liam? Does he not live here? How long have you been living here?"

Rubbing his back, Niall sighed before letting the stranger into the flat, staring at the oddly immaculate suit before he muttered "Liam still lives here. Why are you here at .... six am? Who even are you? How do you know Liam's address?""

Flopping onto the couch, the strange guy checked his watch before he bothered to answer Niall. "I work for Liam. The names Malik, Zayn Malik. Its already six? Damn, I'm late."

Yawning, Niall heard the sound of Liam's study opening as he said "Why the hell are you here? Zayn..... just go away and come back at a sensible time."

"Zayn? What on earth are you doing here? I thought the office had you in Brazil?" Clearing his throat before he spoke, Liam entered, noticing the pissed off look on Niall's face as he watched the stand off between his best friend and ..... Niall.

Standing up, Zayn adjusted his suit before saying "I was in Athens. Your assistant flew me back out, you haven't been into the office for a few days, people were starting to think you died and went to heaven without your laptop."

Trying not to focus on Niall's apparent lack of clothing apart from the t-shirt, Liam raised an eyebrow, smirking as he addressed Zayn "Well you can tell her, and everyone else that I'm still alive, I'm just .... going to be working less hours and from home more often. Why are you arguing with..... with Niall."

Turning to face Niall, Zayn scowled as he said "I wasn't arguing with him. He, whatever his name is, wasn't being very helpful and I was confused as to why an overweight twenty year old was answering your door."

Frowning at Zayn, Niall looked extremely pissed off, on the verge of snapping and yelling, obviously letting his hormones rule his head as he spat "My name is Niall."

Shooting Niall an apologetic look, Liam bit his lip before pulling Zayn into his study.

************

Sat on the couch, Niall was staring dubiously at a plate of toast, playing with the cuffs of Liams old jumper as he resisted the urge to puke. Trying not to noticeably eavesdrop, he heard Liam and Zayn talk, most likely about him, from the gasps and 'no ways!' he heard.

Hearing Liam and Zayn exit the study, Niall swore as he fumbled with the remote, trying to make it look like he'd been watching the tv, instead of grossly violating their privacy.

Heading to the door, Zayn couldn't quite meet Niall's gaze as he gazed at his more obvious baby bump, cringing as Niall flipped him off, a sign that he was still pissed.

Turning to face Liam, Niall wrapped his arms around his bump as he asked "Who was that asshole?"

Bringing over two cups of tea, Liam adjusted his shirt collar, suppressing a smile as he said "Zayn didn't mean it. He didn't realise who you're exactly and he feels really bad about ...... He was going to apologise until you flipped him off. And anyway, he's my Louis, so you're gonna have to get over it."