Chapter 48

Niall's p.o.v

"Hey you."

Shutting the front door behind him, Niall gave Liam a weak smile before collapsing onto the sofa, kicking his sneakers off and running a hand through his hair before letting out a sigh. "Hey yourself. Do we have any ice cream?"

Looking up from his laptop, Liam raised an eyebrow, heading towards the freezer and reappearing a moment later with a tub. "We do. Shitty day?"

Sitting up and making the tub off of Liam, Niall nodded, gratefully accepting a spoon before stabbing at the container. "Very shitty. I get kicked off the editorial piece I've been waiting to get for months, someone stole my lunch from the fridge and I have a whole new prescription and crappy new pills to top it all off. And oh, I've puked twice. Since lunch."

Shaking his head, Liam sat opposite Niall, trying to choose his next words carefully as he asked "So.... Chocolate as well as ice cream?"

"As great as that sound, the baby has decided that chocolate is the devil. As is coffee. Even the smell of it makes me want to puke." Shaking his head, Niall seemed to be on the verge of tears as he spoke, looking away from Liam and focusing on his ice cream, stabbing at the container and chipping of another chunk of ice cream before looking around, finally noticing the lack of cartoons on the TV and the orderly pile of toys in the corner. "Where's Kieran?"

"Louis and Harry volunteered to watch him for the day, Harry said something about spending more time with their godson.... He's fine. And besides, you're not meant to be drinking coffee......" Taking a sip from the mug at his feet, Liam winced at the taste cold tea before setting it back down, moving to sit next to Niall and taking the spoon from him, scooping a mouthful of ice cream as Niall stared at him.

Snatching the spoon back, Niall glared at Liam, holding the ice cream away from the older guy's reach before abandoning the spoon and eating it straight out of the tub and watching the surprised look flash across Liam's face, frowning as he said "You try going without coffee or any form of caffeine for nine months, then you can lecture me."

"I wasn't lecturing you, Ni, I was simply saying. Maybe its a good thing the baby reacts so aversely to coffee.... Never mind." Raising an eyebrow at Niall's change in mood, Liam sighed before leaning back against the sofa, unwilling to start a fight over something so minor. "Anything else you want?"

Biting his lip as he realised how he'd sounded, Niall shook his head, trying to get control over his hormones before he said "I'm good, thanks.... When are Lou and Haz bringing Kieran back?"

"Around eight. Louis said they'd take him out for dinner or something before they brought him back." Taking the opportunity presented to him, Liam snatched the ice cream tub away from Niall, managing to scoop out a massive spoonful of ice cream before the twenty four year old reclaimed the tub. "Why?"

"I was thinking we could tell them today. It's not gonna be much longer before I really start to show and there's no point in waiting much longer." Struggling to swallow the chunk of ice cream he was halfway through eating, Niall shot the ice cream tub a dirty luck before surrendering it to Liam, allowing him to take another spoonful before snatching it back.

"If you want to, love, it's fine with me." Prising the now empty tub out of Niall's grip, Liam headed towards the kitchen, turning back around in time to see Niall wincing. Dropping the empty carton in the bin and heading back to the living room, Liam raised an eyebrow at Niall before sitting next to to him, wrapping an arm around his waist. "Niall?"

Still wincing, Niall ran a hand over his stomach, glaring down before saying "It's nothing. Just my stretch marks. They itch and hurt, s'all.. They've been worse."

Resting his hand over Niall's stomach, Liam stood up, leading Niall towards the bathroom before putting the plug in the bath and grabbing the nearly empty bottle of bubble bath Louis had given Niall months ago. Smiling softly at Niall, he straightened up, kissing his cheek before shrugging his shoulders at the look on Niall's face as he said "This should help. I'll give you some privacy....."

Holding his hand out, Niall caught Liam's arm and pulled him back towards himself and the bath as he mumbled "Or you could maybe join me...."

**********

Looking up from the TV as he heard the front door open, Niall slipped out of Liam's grip to meet Louis at the door, instantly taking a sleeping Kieran out of Harry's arms and adjusting his grip on the one year old before shaking his head at Louis. "Hey.... it's nearly ten, you know."

"I know... sorry we're late, traffic was murder." Dropping his coat on the floor, Louis followed Niall towards Kieran's room, watching as he gently laid the toddler in his crib, pressing a kiss to his forehead before shutting the door behind the two of them.

Sitting back next to Liam, Niall gestured for Harry and Louis to sit, wrapping his arm around his stomach as he said "Maybe call us next time. What did you guys do, anyway?"

"We took him to the park, fed the ducks and ended up serving as his official slaves in the playground and he loved Frankie and Benny's, it was great, Ni." Still smiling, Louis waved his phone at the two of them, showing them several photos of Kieran before he bothered to ask "How are things with you guys?"

Sharing look with Liam, Niall linked his fingers through the older guys, smiling as Liam pulled him closer and pressed a kiss to his cheek before he said "Not bad. Apart from worrying where Kieran was for two whole hours, we're good. Liam's got new clients that annoy him, I still like my job, I'm pregnant and we've been talking through some wedding plans."

Blinking, Louis' head snapped up as he stared at Niall and Liam, tilting his head and staring at Niall, before he dredged up a grin, tugging on Harry's sleeve and jumping in his seat as he asked "I'm sorry, did you just say you were pregnant?"

Nodding, Niall shared a grin with Liam, tucking his legs under him and hugging one of the cushions close to his chest as he said "I did. I'm pregnant, Lou."

Jumping up, Louis leant across and gave both Liam and Niall a hug, giving Niall an extra hug before sitting back next to Harry. "Can I be godfather again? How far along are you? Do you know what gender the baby is?"

Shaking his head, Niall pulled the hem of Liam's old t-shirt down further, letting the cushion drop to the floor as he said "Next week I'll be three months. It's too soon for the gender, I think, but we'll find out soon."

"Wow...... Congrats, you guys. This is so amazing...." Hugging Niall again, Louis grinned at his best friend, putting all of his effort into not letting his smile falter as he took the sonogram image from Liam, briefly showing it to Harry before he shifted slightly away from his boyfriend, making sure to keep the smile on his face as he watched Liam lean down and kiss Niall.

Wrapping his arms around Niall, Liam tugged gently on the neck of his shirt, making Niall slap his hand away and mock-elbow him in the ribs before he looked up, flashing Louis a grin as they both said "Thanks, Lou."

Pasting a smile on his face, Harry ignored the subtle rejection from Louis as he turned to face Niall and Liam. "We're really happy for you guys.... Congratulations."