Chapter 17

Louis' p.o.v

"Ready for one last appointment? I can't believe you actually get to see the baby!"

Following his best friend into the waiting room, Louis was practically hopping around the doctors surgery as he spoke, oblivious to curious looks emanating from the other people sat around, all of whom were watching him as he followed Niall, wordlessly questioning his sanity as they took in the bubblegum pink streak in the front of his fringe.

Sighing, Niall eased himself into a chair before he muttered "I'm looking forward to see him one last time before I'm due, but I don't see why you made me come forty minutes before my appointment."

"So we can chat and you can tell me how your visit to the cradle snatchers parents went." Shrugging as he spoke, Louis stared back at a little girl who was staring at his hair, sticking his tongue out before turning back to face Niall.

Raising an eyebrow as he watched his best friend jump up and down in his seat, Niall wrapped his arms around his stomach, a look of disbelief flashing across his face before saying "You brought me to the doctors forty minutes early because you think I'm going to tell you about that disaster of a trip, in the middle of a crowded waiting room, with everyone staring at your hair? And for the last time, Lou, his name is not cradle snatcher, it's Liam."

Rolling his eyes, Louis sighed, placing extra emphasis on Liam's name as he said "Sorry, how did the trip to Liam's parents go?"

"I'm still not gonna say. What the hell is with your hair, anyway? Since when did you, Louis William Tomlinson, willingly dye your hair?" Pulling his phone out as he spoke, Niall sighed as his best mate prised it out of his fingers, waving it in the air before Niall elbowed him, causing Louis to swear loudly before giving him his phone back.

Still staring back at the little girl, Louis pouted, self-consciously running a hand through the pink streak before saying "The hair thing happens to be a long story.... How about this, I'll tell you, if you tell me about visiting the cradle snatchers parents."

"Louis....." Sighing as he spoke, Niall shot his friend his signature 'You're an idiot' glare before shifting into a different chair, rubbing his back with one hand as he tried to ignore the people watching the two of them.

Raising an eyebrow, Louis rolled his eyes, glaring back at Niall as he said "Deal? Or do you not want to hear how I ended up with this ridiculous dyed streak?"

Sighing in defeat, Niall, still glaring at his best friend, eyed the coloured streak in his friends hair before muttering "Deal."

******
(A week earlier)

*Niall's p.o.v*

Sitting back down, Liam bit his lip, sounding older that his thirty four years as he exchanged a look with Niall before muttering "Ah. Um. You see, mother, the thing is.... You're going to be a grandparent..."

Opening her mouth to speak, Liam's mother was cut off as a door opened, prompting Liam to stand up as yet another maid followed someone into the room.

"Liam? You should have called to say you were visiting, I'd have sent the driver to fetch you...." Walking over to their awkward little group, the guy Niall presumed to be Liam's dad stopped talking as he noticed Niall.

"Liam, son, what is this? Did I hear you..... What?"

"You heard me correctly, Dad. I was just saying, you're .... You're going to be grandparents." Linking Niall's fingers with his own as he spoke, Liam turned to face his father, looking not like a thirty four year old CEO, but a teenager, confessing to his parents that he'd thrown a party or trashed their car.