Chapter 33

Liam's p.o.v

"It's your turn, Liam."

Hearing Niall muttering, Liam forced his eyes open, wincing as the sound of Kieran crying made it's way through the baby monitor before he realised what Niall had meant.

Pulling on a pair of pyjama trousers, he yawned, careful not to disturb Niall as he got up, making his way to Kieran's room before scooping the baby up, beginning to walk up and down the room as Kieran hid his face into his shoulder, the baby's wails quieting as he paced the length of the room for the sixth time. Stopping, Liam began jog Kieran up and down, yawning again as he muttered "Hey, it's okay, you're okay, come on now....."

Kieran's quiet wailing beginning to get louder again, Liam sighed as the eight month old began to squirm, struggling to pick up a pacifier before letting Kieran grab it, jogging him up and down again as he quietened, his son still not happy as Liam began to yawn again, speaking more to himself than Kieran as he said "Is that better, huh, lovebug? Shall we go and find daddy, yeah?"

Cooing as Kieran kept his grip on the pacifier, Liam headed back towards their room, sighing as he realised it wasn't yet six, shushing Kieran again as he made his way towards the bed, hearing Niall groan slightly as he watched Liam set Kieran down, the infant simply sitting himself up and screwing his face up before reaching out for Niall to take him. Sitting next to Niall, Liam attempted to stifle a yawn as Niall mumbled "One of those days, huh?"

Nodding, Liam switched the bedside lamp on, wincing as light flooded the room before he muttered "Looks like it."

Taking Kieran in his arms, Niall yawned himself, making a face at Kieran as he leant against the headboard, running a hand through his hair as he muttered "If I make coffee, will you sit with him?"

Nodding, Liam stood back up, taking Kieran off of Niall before heading out to the living room, switching the TV over to CBeebies as he sat down, sighing as he heard Niall switch the coffee maker on before glancing down Kieran, the eight month old captivated by the cartoons flashing across the screen.

Sitting next to Liam, Niall set the two mugs of coffee onto the table before yawning, sighing as Kieran reached out for him again, scooping his son into his arms before leaning into Liam's side again, smiling softly as Liam wrapped an arm around his waist and leaned in to kiss his cheek. Looking up, Niall laughed as he noticed what they were watching, capturing Kieran's hands as he said "Bob the builder? Really, Li?"

Smirking back at Niall, Liam sat up, pulling his arm back as looked away from the screen, grabbing one of the mugs of coffee before shaking his head as Kieran shushed them, the infant struggling to pull his fingers free from Niall's before waving at Liam. "In my defence, your son seems to love it."

"My son?" Raising an eyebrow, Niall took the mug out of Liam's hands before taking a sip. "Why is he only my son when he decides that five thirty is an acceptable time to get up? Why can't he be your son for once?"

Sighing, Liam grabbed the mug of coffee back from Niall, glancing down at Kieran before saying "Our son, okay, our son seems to love it."

Leaning into Liam's side, Niall nodded before running a hand through Kieran's hair, wincing as several cartoon characters on screen began to sing before muttering "That he does."

Grinning at Niall, Liam turned the volume down on the TV before he leant in and kissed Niall, wrapping his arm around the younger guys waist, both of them pulling back as they heard someone coughing, Niall looking up to see Louis standing above them, sheepishly taking in the scene before him as he mumbled an apology before motioning at Niall, gesturing for Niall to follow him.

Standing up, Liam caught on to Louis' actions and picked Kieran up before heading out to the kitchen, leaving Louis and Niall to talk.

Biting his lip, Louis sat down next to Niall, clutching his phone as he said "He called me."

Nodding, Niall glanced over to the kitchen, watching Liam talk to Kieran as he made coffee before he said "He did? Harry actually called?"

"Yeah..... He wants to talk, apparently. After a month, he finally wants to talk." Playing with his phone, Louis looked on the verge of tears as he spoke. "What do I do, Ni?"

Running a hand through his hair, Niall shrugged before saying "Whatever you want to, Lou. Personally, I'd see what he has to say, but you don't have to do anything."

Shrugging, Louis bit his lip again. "But I don't know what I want. I want for everything to go back to how it was."

Hugging his best friend, Niall nodded again, thinking of how miserable and regretful Harry had seemed. "You don't have to decide right now, Lou. Take your time. Harry was an ass to you, but maybe you should hear him out. "

Shrugging, Louis hid his face in Niall's shoulder, once again using him as a tissue, before he mumbled "I don't know what to do, Ni."

"It'll be okay, Lou. You'll figure it out. We're going out later, Lou, taking Kieran to the park, you're welcome to join us." Standing up, Niall squeezed Louis' arm, trying to seem surprised at Harry's behaviour for his friend's sake as he headed out to the kitchen, smiling as Liam presented him with a plate of toast and bending down to kiss Kieran's cheek as the baby looked up at him, leaving Louis sat there, staring at everything Niall had and he wanted.

**********

"Aww, lovebug, are there ducks?"

Ducking down to Kieran's level, Niall grinned as the nine month babbled, reaching out to the birds as they walked around the pond. Straightening up, Niall linked his fingers through Liam's, leaning into the older guys side as they continued to walk, both of them grinning as Kieran babbled, pointing out the different ducks and the occasional dog they passed.

Stopping at a bench, Niall let Kieran out of the pushchair, picking him up as Liam took a picture, holding Kieran in his arms as he pointed out the different ducks.

Setting Kieran on the ground, Niall kept his grip on the nine month old, following Kieran's gaze over to the flock of ducks all crowding the grass as Liam joined them, asking "Are they interesting, babe?"

Struggling to pull free from Niall's grasp, Kieran whined and continued to wriggle, trying to push Niall away in an effort to reach the birds.

Picking Kieran back up, Niall exchanged a look with Liam before muttering "One of those days..."

Taking a still struggling Kieran off of Niall, Liam was about to jog him up and down as Kieran made grabby hands towards Niall, whining as he struggled. "Da......... Dadda."

Reaching out and taking Kieran back, Niall bit his lip as they both realised what Kieran had said, Liam smiling across at Niall before pulling a face at Kieran, who was gripping onto Niall's shoulder, still entranced by the ducks. Looking up at Liam, Niall managed a grin as he asked, "Did he?"

Nodding, Liam pulled out his camera, taking another picture as he said "He did. Ni, he did. First word, and it's you."

Walking slightly closer to the ducks, Niall set Kieran back down, keeping a tight hold on him as he watched they way his son pointed at the ducks, babbling again before Niall kissed his forehead, running a hand through Kieran's hair as Liam began to shred slices of bread, helping Kieran to throw them at the ducks.

**********

Following Liam through the front door, Niall smiled again, shifting a sleeping Kieran in his arms before entering the living room, shaking his head at Liam as he saw Harry slumped against the door to the spare room, hearing Louis' yell something at him before Kieran began to wake.