Chapter 49

Louis' p.o.v

Standing outside on the tiny patch of concrete that qualified as a balcony, Louis let out a sigh as he leant over the railing, resting his elbows on the railing and looking out across the neighbouring apartment buildings, momentarily wishing he lived somewhere other than London before turning around, glaring as his eyes met a pair of green ones.

Shrugging, Louis pulled his jumper closer around himself, looking away from Harry before sitting, leaning against the balcony railing before he dared to look back up, shifting over as Harry sat next to him.

Moving to wrap his arm around the shorter boy, Harry flinched as Louis shifted away from him. Running his hand through his hair, Harry took Louis' hand, moving so he was sat in front of his boyfriend, forcing Louis to meet his gaze as he said "Lou... Talk to me, please. Whatever it is, just tell me. You've been acting weird ever since Niall told us he was pregnant. What is it?"

"Nothing's wrong, Harry. It's nothing." Struggling to pull his hand free, Louis shrugged again as he stood up, heading back towards the window and crawling through before he moved over to the kitchen, counting down on his fingers the time it took for Harry to follow him, counting down his last finger as Harry came up behind him. "Now I know something is wrong, Lou. You only run away from me when you're mad. What's wrong?"

"It's nothing, Harry." Sitting down, Louis shrugged Harry's arm off as he tried to pull him into a hug, moving away and crossing his arms before finally looking up and meeting Harry's gaze, softening slightly as Harry sat opposite him, once again reaching out and taking his hand before he said "Lou..... please, talk to me..."

Linking his fingers through Harry's, Louis sighed, his body relaxing as he leaned closer to Harry, staring out of the window and hesitating as he said "It's just..... Liam and Niall have known each other for less than two years, right? Less time than we've been together, Haz. And they not only have one child, but they're expecting another. They're engaged, and I swear, I'm happy for them and I love Kieran but it's..... it's not fair and I know that sounds awful but-"

Pulling Louis into a hug, Harry bit his lip, already knowing where the conversation was heading as he felt Louis wrap his arms around his neck, the shorter boy momentarily hiding his face in Harry's shoulder before he pulled away. "Lou.... Liam and Niall, they never intended for any of their relationship to happen. As much as they love each other and are happy, with Kieran and each other, it wasn't planned. You can't compare us with them..."

Leaning away from Harry, Louis ran a hand through his hair, staring at the pictures of him, Harry and Kieran that currently covered the face of their fridge and taking a deep breath before he looked back at Harry. "Planned or, not, they have it all. And where are we, Haz, Still at the same place we were at a year and a half ago. When we got back together, I said that I didn't want that yet, that I could wait, but I can't wait anymore. I want a family, Harry, and I want one with you, but you don't want that."

"Lou-" About to speak, Harry was cut off by Louis, nodding his head and listening as his boyfriend said "You said it all those months ago, Haz, you didn't want a family yet. You weren't, we weren't ready. But I can't keep waiting. I want that, what Niall has, and you don't seem to. Listening to my best friend announce he was pregnant made me realise that I can't keep waiting for you to be ready. I love you, Harry, I do, but...."

Standing up, Louis turned and headed for the door, making it halfway across the living room before Harry caught up to him, grabbing his wrist and pulling him towards him. "Lou.... Hear me out, please. Yes, seven or eight months ago, that wasn't what I wanted or was ready for, but we've both changed a lot in the last few months. But we aren't even engaged yet and I'm only just graduating. We aren't Niall and Liam, we're different..."

"So?.... What are you saying, Haz?" Shrugging, Louis ran a hand through his hair, meeting Harry's gaze with a questioning look of his own.

Pulling Louis closer, Harry breathed in the scent that was purely Louis, committing it to memory as he kissed Louis. "What I'm trying to say, is that I want that, with you. Our own family. But maybe be patient for just a little longer?"

Hiding his face in his sleeve, Louis pulled away from Harry, giving him an understanding smile as he said "That, I can do. I can wait. For you. For just a little bit. But you do really mean it?"

Nodding, Harry returned his smile, tracing over Louis' jawline with his thumb and leaning in to kiss him before saying "I do, I mean it. I want to have a family with you, Lou..... I fucking love you, you know. Actually, I love fucking-"

Scoffing, Louis bit back his laughter as he shook his head. "That was so romantic, Hazza. Right up until that last part. But I love you too."

"So we're okay?" Shrugging, Harry grinned at him, using the belt on Louis' jeans to pull him closer as he spoke, letting out an almost imperceptible sigh of relief as Louis nodded. "We're more than good, Haz. We're fine."

Kissing Louis, Harry wrapped an arm around his waist, holding him closer the two of them pulling apart as Louis' phone vibrated in his pocket. Muttering a curse under his breath, Louis pulled his phone out of his pocket, his look of annoyance changing to one of confusion as he stared at the text.

From : Niall :)

Meet us at Westminster registry office at eleven.

Its important, please do come...

______________________________

*casually writes a larry chapter in the middle of a Niam fic.....*