Chapter 29

Niall/Liam's p.o.v

Stretching out, Niall winced as he felt his knee crack, yawning as he opened his eyes and was assaulted by the bright sunlight shining through the window.

Closing his eyes, he rolled over, smiling as he felt Liam's arm snake around his waist and pull him closer, nestling into Liam's side before rolling over and finding a pair of warm brown eyes meeting his blue ones. "Hey you."

Kissing along the side of Niall's neck, Liam kissed his cheek before saying "Hey yourself."

Smiling, Niall took in the state of their room, sniggering as he noticed where his underwear had ended up, linking his fingers through Liam's as he settled back against the pillows.

Closing his eyes, he let the smile fade slightly as he remembered exactly what had happened last night. He couldn't recall do anything exactly like that with Liam before, the time they first met notwithstanding - after all, it doesn't count if you don't remember doing it - and now there was no going back.

Thinking more about it, Niall allowed the smile to creep back on his face. The fact that there was no going back was more of a good thing than a bad thing. Running a hand through his hair, he let out another yawn before checking out the rest of their room. Liam's shirt hadn't faired so well and had lost several buttons and his jeans were half into their room and half way into the living room, along with any of the crap that had been piled on their bed or in their way.

Moving back into Liam's embrace, Niall closed his eyes as Liam wrapped an arm around him. Kissing behind Niall's ear, Liam smiled as Niall melted back into his arms before muttering "I love you, you know that right?"

Pulling away from Liam's touch momentarily, Niall shifted himself to be upright, wincing as he realised how stiff and sore he was before he said "I know. And I love you too."

His movements making Liam to sit up also, Niall heard a sigh and a couple of swear words coming from Liam before he dared to ask "Li...... we did use a condom, right?"

Standing up, Liam pulled on a pair of pyjama trousers before checking the bin inside their ensuite. Sounding relieved, he headed back out to the kitchen as he said "We did. We remembered to use one."

Letting out a sigh of relief, Niall pulled on one of Liam's T-shirt's he'd stolen at some point or other and, trying not to swear or let Liam notice how stiff he was, he began to attempt to pick up some of the clothing that lay discarded around their room, giving up when he realised that it would be impossible without letting on how much he was aching.

Sitting back on the bed, he realised that, at some point, Louis would be bringing Kieran back, the realisation prompting him to ask "Li, what time is it?"

Appearing from around the doorway, Liam glanced at their alarm clock. "Half ten, Ni. Relax, Louis said he'd drop Kieran off around three, said he wanted to spend some time with him."

Sighing, Niall winced as he stood up, letting out a couple of muffled swear words before he followed Liam out to the kitchen. Collapsing into one of the seats at the breakfast bar, he nodded gratefully as Liam slid a mug of coffee in front of him.

Standing up, Niall was about to grab something to eat when he made the mistake of relying on his legs too much, swearing loudly as he was reminded of the first time he ever-

"Ni? You okay?" Cutting Niall off from that chain of thoughts, Liam sat next to him, sliding a plate of toast across to him as he spoke.

Wordlessly nodding, Niall counted to ten before allowing himself to speak.

"I'm fine. It's..... It's just been a while."

Nodding, Liam suppressed a smile at the memories of last night, thinking for a minute before saying "Okay..... I think I have a solution for that."