The "heartthrob" (2)

The Heartthrob Part 2

Previously:
"Shit, I fucked up again"

»»————- ♡ ————-««

It is a beautiful morning, Neil wakes up feeling fresh and has a big smile on his lips. Until his eyes betrayed him and landed on the alarm clock placed on his side table. It displays 12:30 PM.

"Shit", with that Neil jumped out of his bed like a lightning and ran to his bathroom.

It is a bad morning for Mr. Neil Khanna. He has a meeting with the special client at 1PM, which he can not afford to miss at any cost. Neil is in a rush. He took a quick shower and got ready to only see the clock telling him, it is 12:40 PM now. He now only has 15 minutes to get to the office and that mission can not be accomplished as the distance between Neil's office and house is 30 minutes. But a person should never lose hope, right?

Giving himself a last look in the mirror, Neil went downstairs. Guess what?

No breakfast
No fresh homemade juice
No servant
No Avni

The hall was empty.

This made Neil confused. Usually, everyone is doing their work. TV would be on and cartoons would be seen. The living room would be filled with some children. Some maids would be cleaning, scolding the children, or helping Avni in the kitchen.

Avni was always in the kitchen but today it was empty.

No sign of her existence.

Which only made Neil panic and remember what he did last night.

Many kinds of thoughts were running through his mind.

'What if she leaves me? What will I do, if she leaves me? Will I be able to live without her?'

But why were these thoughts coming?
He doesn't love her. And he doesn't care if she goes away or not!
From his side, she can go to hell!!!!

With a sudden anger, Neil left the house without giving anything a second thought.

Neil arrived at his office at 1:05PM and how?

Well he overspeed the whole way. His driver was also not around to be seen and he had to drive himself to the office, which he hated.

Thankfully there was no traffic and he arrived safely with the speed he was driving his car at.

As not expected by Neil, the office was very calm today. It was the most quiet place today compared to the other days. He slowly started to move towards his cabin, when he passed his best friend, DD's cabin on the way.

DD's cabin door was wide open, DD was sitting on his chair with his legs on the table crossed on each other. He was doing something on his phone, which by his looks anyone could tell, it was not office related at all.

Neil got confused as on normal days, DD was never like that.

Yes, he was a flirt and always behind girls. He does not care about anything in the world but when DD was in the office, he 'mostly' behaved like a professional and focused on his office work. He is a totally different person, when he does his job.

Neil went to DD's cabin and kept looking at him, strangely.

By the help of DD's sixth sense, he looked at Neil and got to know that he is the one staring at him. DD raised his eyebrow at Neil, "do you want to have a staring competition with me?"

Well that was DD!
Neil rolled his eyes on him.

"Buddy, do not roll your eyes on me. They might get stuck somewhere behind and then 'someone' won't be able to have some moments."