memories (6, last)

Until my new series in this book, please give a try to "Kahani Ishq Ki".
Happy reading!

Memories Pt 6 - Nah Jane Kabse
...

Avni adjusted her laying self on the bed to be in a comfortable position. No matter how much she twists or turn, her body does not seem to like any positions. "What in the Dozakh is this?" With irritation written all over her face, Avni huffed and sat on the bed.

Neil was not in the room; he was definitely hiding from her.

After coming from the party, Neil was quick to drop of things and dash out of the room's door. He is scared to face Avni and answer her questions, which Avni does not seems to understand why? Isn't it better for them to talk and move on with life rather than playing hide and seek while bring uncomfortableness to their friendly relationship?

If Avni had heard Neil's confession few months ago or years, she could have laughed on his face. Rather, destiny planned a game to laugh on her confused face. Avni and Neil have been together since she can remember. They know everything about each other -- well almost everything.

In the past, she never thought about Neil in a romantic way. Sure, he was nice looking decent guy with good morals and respect for others, but she still never falls in love with him. Maybe, she has seen her parents, who once were friends and became a couple, now were completely out of each other's life. Maybe the thought of not having him forever and her fear created a wall over her heart.

'But he is my best friend, he will support me forever' Avni did thought about it once few years ago, but she pushed every similar crossing thought away. She told herself that one day, Neil will have a girl in his life and to not complicate his coming life, Avni shut herself. Not knowing that she does not have to do it.

When everyone forced Neil to get married to Avni and save her reputation, more like her dad's side of the family's reputation, she fought with him for sacrificing. For a while, she stopped talking to him and gave a cold shoulder, but Neil did not care.

On their "wedding night", Avni trashed the room to make Neil realize that she is not worth and make him regret the decision. Oddly, Neil was calmer than he needed to be. In other situation, he could have argued with Avni but that day, he did not. In peaceful state, he exited the room but not before saying, "Everything is worth the fight at the end, you should sleep now. It was a tiring day". To this day, Avni remember it.

Everything was a mess in Avni's head like always. In confusion, Avni ruffled her hair when door opened, and Neil came inside the room peeking. Hearing a sound, Avni looked up to see shocked Neil standing like a statue. She rolled her eyes knowing what he was thinking.

"There is no need to act like a statue. Since you are here, bring your blessed soul over here Mr. Khanna" Avni forced her body back on the bed, even when she did not want to. Avni had questions but she also need time to form them in good wording to present like plate of food to Neil.

Knowing he is wrong in many situations, Neil decided to not say a word, which can be viewed as an urge to an argument. With quiet steps, Neil made his way to the closet to change and within few minutes, he was lying beside Avni, who had her back towards Neil.

To Neil, it does not matter, how Avni is or what her mood is as along as she is with him-- he is happy. This conclusion was made a few years ago, when Neil realized his true feelings for Avni. He remembers the day, Avni came crying to his house and tried to disappear in his mother's hug. It was the day, he cannot forget for both, good and bad reasons. No matter what he felt at the time or how he and Reyyan almost killed Rohan, thinking about it today gives him a peace.