memories (3)

Memories Pt 3 - Meri zindagi hai woh

...

Silence.

It was the silence in their room, between them, which bothered Neil. Why is there an awkward silence? She should be ripping his hair out, hitting him, or anything.... 

Neil wanted Avni to behave how she always did, carelessly.

The girl beside him on bed wasn't Avni.

Avni wasn't able to sleep at all. She knew that she was stupid but not that she was the queen of dumb gang. Why didn't she realize it before? There were so many clues, events, and situations so why didn't she see it happening? Why did she ignore her gut feeling?

Now that Avni know everything, well almost everything! she vowed to herself to be better every single day. Hearing Neil huff and move around in the bed, Avni hugged him. She made sure to not leave a single space between his back and her chest during the hug. Her arms were tightly wrapped around his waist. 

Avni's sudden affection after what seemed like million years took Neil's breath away. His heart seemed to fly away from his body and touch the moon then making its way back. 

"A..av..Avni!" He stuttered softly and was about to face Avni when she made her hold even tighter around him and mumbled, "Not now Neil, I am tired" Not wanting to ruin the moment, he decided to not push forward with the conversation planned in his brain. Hearing soft snores coming from Avni, Neil smiled and gently let himself be wrapped in sleep.

The next morning came by fast. Finally having his wifey in his arms, Neil did not realize when the sun came out. His sleep got disturbed when his hands could not find another figure, which they were searching for, next to him. Neil jerked up and sat on his bed, moving his head dangerous, he scanned the whole room. 

She was not there! 

Did she leave? 

Suddenly, Neil's negative thoughts were interrupted and Avni came out of the bathroom wearing a light pink long, casual dress. Closing the door behind her, Avni looked up to Neil staring at her, which caused Avni to give her usual big smile.

"Good morning Mr. Husband" morning greeting forced Neil to rejoin the real word. Without saying anything, Neil got up from his bed and in long two steps, he was nearing Avni. She got surprised with his sudden speed and stumbled back having her husband up so closed. 

Avni tripped over back of her dress and was about to fell down, but Neil held her by the small, delicate wrist and made her collapsed in his big chest, "why did you leave me?" At first, Avni was shocked by hearing Neil, she made a confused face, "when did I leave you?" 

Neil huffed, "is leaving your husband on the bed while he sleeps not like leaving?" Avni rolled her eyes, while Neil pouted. 

"Mr. Khanna you were suffocating me that I was not able to sleep. Plus, it is morning and I have to continue on with my day" while talking, Avni had pushed Neil away and made the way towards the dressing table, where she was brushing her hairs and putting on jewelry. Neil was continuously staring at Avni and having such glares made the blush appear on her soft, fair cheeks. 

"You are cute" Neil laughed and went to the bathroom to freshen up to start his day.

His morning was perfect.

Shaking at her head at crazy husband, Avni went downstairs to her mother-in-law for breakfast and hear new gossip.

Every morning, no matter what, a new juicy story was always in town and being discussed among the desi ladies. During the gossip, the story always made its way towards Khanna Mansion, where Swetha made sure everything ended.