Memories (5.1)

Warning: This chapter mentions few sensitive things. Nothing is violent or graphic but few dialogue include such words. 

Memories Pt 5.1 - Dard aur Dua

...

The moon was shining on the beautiful night blue sky. The fresh, calm breeze indicated the peace and comfort to oneself. 

There wasn't much traffic on the way to the Khan Mansion, which Avni cannot thank her God enough for. She hates rush and congestion; it makes her suffocate within herself. 

Walking around the big hall with a glass of apple juice in her hand, Avni looked around other people. She had no one certain to talk with, as Neil was filling his dad's position for a while and Swetha was giving her some space. Avni doesn't mind being alone as now it has become her habit; attend a party, sit in the corner enjoying a drink, and read people. 

Over the past few years, reading other people have been Avni's coping mechanism. Before her marriage, Avni used to attend parties with her parents and not knowing anyone made her feel like an alien. One day, because of her strange feelings led her to read a drink server at a huge party hosted by her parents' business partner. 

Avni clearly remembered the server to be in a happy mood. He was showing that he loved his job, in fact he was deeply in love with his job considering that he was only in his early twenties. Rushing around, having a beautiful smile, and serving rude, spoiled, high class people without minding their comments. He made 9 years old, Avni realize that having a passion for something isn't bad. It is part of oneself that enhances true beauty. For once in her life, Avni enjoyed going to the party and having time of her life. Until the boy's charm was lost. His eyes were deep red, and the enjoyment was lost. At the time, Avni was too young to understand his situation. A young child knows nothing about the world at such age. 

Now as she has grown up, that memory haunts her. Imagine if it gives chill to her, what that boy could have felt. For fun, few spoiled brats decided to have fun, which destroyed his charm. Now Avni wants to reverse time and pull him in a tight hug, telling him it is not his fault-- this world is just cruel for people like them. 

Maybe she has went through the same situation that now she is being too sensitive about the case. Every night she prays for him and request to see him once to get rid of her guilt. 

Avni was lost in her thoughts in a small hidden corner and did not notice tears going down her cheeks. Suddenly a warm hand wiped them, making Avni shiver. The touch was unfamiliar, it was not Neil. Avni's eyes went wide as she looked an unfamiliar figure to her side. 

No this cannot be! she doesn't want to go through the pain all over again. 

Sensing a warmth, Avni stopped overthinking, her mind was trying to understand why she was not scared anymore. The man in front of her was quite handsome and charming. A blue tuxedo was perfectly complimenting his fair skin. In his right hand, he held a box wrapped in a gift wrap while his left hand was in still in air, which he used to wipe Avni's tears. 

"You grew up to be a beautiful lady Mrs. Avni" It was the same voice, the voice which Avni wished to hear and comfort. Finally, the day was here! 

Avni could not hold her tears anymore and sobbed. Seeing her in such a delicate state, he bit his lower lip to control the building emotions. "You are finally here, Sidi" with hiccups, Avni managed to make the words come out of her mouth. It is crazy how one night made Avni have an unknowingly bound with a stranger. She only needed few hours to consider Siddhart her own, a true best friend!