Chapter 29

Here's Chapter 29 guys. It's nice and long for you, 9,064 words. Enjoy 😊

WARNING: This Chapter contains strong sexual content. Read with caution...

Chapter 29

Yandy's POV

"Alright, now make a fist" I instructed to the middle aged man, after tying the tourniquet securely around his bicep. His veins are already practically jumping out of his arm so I won't even have to search for one to be honest.

The man balled his fist up, making his already protruded veins stick out of his arm even more, and my eyes fell on a juicy one in his forearm. So I slipped on a pair of blue latex gloves and cleaned the area off with an alcohol pad, before taking the butterfly needle out of it's pack.

I straightened out his arm with my hand "Deep breath in" I commanded, and as soon as he inhaled I effortlessly slipped the needle into his vein.

I then quickly grabbed the collection tube that was next to me, and I stuck it onto the other end of the needle, making the blood quickly pour into the tube like water.

I glanced up at the man "You feeling okay?" I asked in concern.

He closed his eyes as he nodded quickly, and after the three tubes of blood were full, I untied the tourniquet with one hand before quickly reaching for a cotton pad.

I placed the cotton pad gently onto the area which I had the needle inserted "Deep breath out" I directed calmly.

He let out a deep sigh, and I slipped the needle out before quickly pressing the cotton pad onto his vein.

I applied pressure for a few seconds with one hand, while I used the other hand to throw the used needle into the Sharps container, and I grabbed a band-aide.

I sighed "Alright, you're all set. You should get a letter from the lab with your results within two weeks time. On your way out stop by the receptionist desk so that she can give you a follow-up appointment" I stated as I placed a band-aid over the cotton pad.

The man smiled at me "Thank you ma'am. I'm usually on the verge of fainting while getting my blood drawn, but I barley felt the needle this time when you did it. You're a pro at this. Enjoy the rest of your day" he complimented. I mean, I don't wanna brag but...

I smiled back "Thank you so much sir. Enjoy the rest of your day as well" I said warmly.

He grabbed his water bottle from off of the counter, before he made his way out of the room. As soon as his retreating figure was gone, I closed my eyes and let out an exasperated sigh as I leaned back into my chair. I'm so fucking exhausted. There's never been this many patients before and at this point, I'm sick of looking at blood. I'm not gonna be able to eat pizza for at least a week.

"Tired?" I suddenly heard a familiar voice ask, making me flutter my eyes open and lift my head up.

There Adrienne stood leaning against the door frame in a pair of light blue scrubs, with her arms and legs crossed, staring at me with a small smile on her lips.

I groaned "More like exhausted. I can practically hear my bed calling my name from here" I stated before slipping off my gloves and tossing them into the trash can next to me.

Adrienne walked into the room "Tell me about it. Dr Martin had over 70 patients today and about 30 of them were GYN appointments. I never thought I would say this, but I'm sick of looking at vaginas" she said gruffly, plopping down onto the black rolling chair that was next to mine.