The Perfect Duet

Title: The Perfect Duet

Author: kpgcatlover

Category: Teen Fiction

Status: Completed

Summary: Mackenzie Heart has been the goody-two shoes, perfect grades girl her whole life. She always takes orders from her demanding parents, peers, and teachers without talking back. Despite her docile nature, she has a strong hidden talent.

Singing.

It's her escape from her pressure filled life.

Then there's Dylan Stone, the loner of her school. He never talks to anyone, unless it is absolutely necessary. Underneath his hard exterior is a boy who is just trying to support his family though his own singing. Sadly, street singing hasn't taken him anywhere.

For him, singing is not only his favorite pass time, but a way he makes money.

What will happen when you put these two vocalists together on a live television show, competing for a cash prize and a record deal that could help them both?

Only time will tell...

Surprise, surprise (or maybe not)! Another book by Kay, and it is perfection. Definitely one of my new favorites. It is so cute and extremely well done. I had a few frustrated moments with the characters but overall Dylan was super sweet and Mackenzie was adorable, they worked so well with each other. This was a different setting for a story than what I'm used to and at first I didn't know how it would go about, but it was definitely good. The chapters were of good length, the plot seemed overall well thought out and well put together. I enjoyed the pace of the story, nothing was rushed, and I also really liked that although you can guess, not everything went as well as one hoped. It had the ability to bring me into the story, you know when you feel like your feeling what the character is going through? Yep, definitely happened and it's one of my favorite occurences. It was funny and it was cute but it also included some frustrating characters and sad times. There are multiple additions and epilogues added at the end that really added to the story and left me feeling pretty darn gooey inside :) I also want to point out to the author that the song at the end on a certain night was perfect, it summed everything up so well, like it was made for the book. So, as usual, go and check this book and all of the rest of her books out!