The Black Notebook

Title: The Black Notebook

Author: parallellines

Category: Teen Fiction, Romance

Status: Completed

Summary: It's great to be trusted by your friends, but it's another thing when you're trusted by practically your entire year—even the popular kids. Seven Warrilow has always been keeping everybody's secrets. She knows who likes who, who hates who and what's what. But she's tired of it. One day, she decides to encode every secret she's been told and will be told into a small black notebook that she carries around. Things start to take a turn to Disasterville when she loses it. It gets worse when it ends up in the hands of Colin Stillman, a boy notorious for never being serious about anything. Seven's going to have to use everything's she got to keep everyone's secrets safe—but Colin's not going to make it that easy. If he did, where would the fun in that be?

Hands down one of the best books I've read. You would be crazy to not go and check this girl out, her writing is fantastic. Those little gems I brought up earlier? This is one of them, 37,000 reads? Not enough. So firstly I'd like to start and say to the author, amazing, you totally killed it. Pursue the talent you have, bless your gifts, seriously. Haha now, I read this book in a span of like a day? I always get worried over seemingly small chaptered stories but this did not disappoint, the chapters were all super long and fantastically well written. I adored the characters and their development. The form, tone, and voice of the novel were impeccably well done and catching. I laughed countless times but teared up now and then (I'm a wimp, sue me). It was relatable, maybe slightly unrealistic for somebody like me, but the emotions were there, and easily understood. I also enjoyed that there were stories within the main characters story, struggles for other characters to overcome and understand too. I fell deeply for the relationship between the two main characters and their story, I would totally and completely enjoy reading this book over and over again. So hopefully the author keeps writing, I'll be looking for a new story soon ;) and heck, even if it was a sequel to this, I'd be thrilled. Please, please, please check this one out, show it some love, and pass it on :)