Epilogue

~

" Clay, it's like you said

" Clay, it's like you said. You'll survive. You will, you know. "

~

5 Years Later

If there was anything Bailey could tell you about Evergreen, it'd be the smell. The faint waft of coffee that filled the main street let the entire town know that Monet's was still alive, and the popcorn smell that filled the foyer of the Crestmont. The smell of wet grass at a Friday night game as the smell of hotdogs made her stomach grumble. She'd say the smell of Evergreen varied vastly from the air in LA, and that wasn't a bad thing. It was actually a good thing. It was familiar, it was home.

Her feet moved through the grass as she held a large bunch of flowers in her hand, her UCLA jacket hanging from her shoulders. Bailey's eyes raked over the headstones she passed, until she came to stop in front of one in particular. She looked further down the row as she knelt down on the grass, spotting a boy standing further down. She smiled softly, turning back to look at the headstone before her as she grabbed one of the bunches she held and placed it in the hole small hole before the concrete; ridding of the old flowers she'd left there.

'Hey, Monty,' She smiled; 'I'm back... We moved in yesterday. Actually right down the street from the Atkins. So, I can come see you all the time now... And I'm... I'm coaching at Liberty. The football team obviously, with a little bit of Pro boxing on the side,' She sighed; 'I saw this guy the other day and my heart stopped for a second before his laugh sounded so much like yours. But, I know he wasn't you. No one could ever be you... And I have big news. I just can't tell you yet because the others don't know either. So, give me a few and I'll tell you all.'

She drew in a deep breath, pushing herself up to stand as she motioned with her head for him to follow. She knew it was silly, but it made her happy. She wandered further down the row, pausing in front of Jeff's grave.

'Hey, my boy,' She knelt down and place a bunch of flowers against his headstone; 'It's been a while. I know, and I'm sorry. Finals were kicking my arse... But, it's all done now. I did it. I'm a qualified coach and almost officially a counsellor, I got through it. But, that's not why we moved back. I got the coaching job at Liberty, the place I swore I'd never return to. And I want to use my degree to help kids without being labelled a counsellor, because you and I both know that scares kids off. So, I know I'd always confine in Kerba and I want to be like that for other people... And you wanna know what I'd see you? In New York playing for the Yankees with Drew. With all the money in the world,' She laughed softly; 'But, you'd always come home. Just like deep down I always knew I would... I've seen half of America with my boxing and I know I'll see the rest if I keep fighting. But, this is where I'm gonna be for the next little while at least... Now, come on, I gotta see Drew and you're gonna want be here for this.'