6

~

' Plenty of boys think there's not much choice at all

' Plenty of boys think there's not much choice at all. They have to be strong and stoic and in control. They have to be a man.  And hide the things that hurt the most. '

~

Bailey stood in the living room of the Atkins household, staring at the text on her phone; Jenny in the kitchen cooking breakfast. She swallowed nervously, muttering a curse before she quickly began to gather her things. The police had found Bryce's Ranger Rover, along with blood and a lot of drugs.

'Bay, are you ok?' Jenny asked.

'Uh, yeh. I just forgot we had morning training,' She smiled slightly.

'Here. Take this to go.'

The woman rushed over with a piece of toast in hand, kissing her cheek before letting her bite into it; leaving it hanging from her mouth. Bailey winked at her, causing her to laugh before she turned away; jogging out of the house. She clambered into Jenny's car, tossing her stuff at her feet before taking a proper bite out of her toast. She rushed to the school, pulling into a parking spot beside Zach's Audi; the boy sliding out of the driver's side to greet her with a small wave.

'Dude, what the fuck?' She asked as she, too, got out of the car.

'Yeh,' He pressed his lips together.

'No. I know what you're thinking, no. I didn't buy steroids off Bryce. That shit fucks you for life.'

'But, who would?'

'I don't know.'

The boy sighed, Bailey helping him grabbing his bag before he could complain. They headed to the locker rooms, changing ready to train after the search they knew was coming. The locker room was full, all the other boys readying themselves when their coach and Principal Bolan walked in with a crew of officers behind him.

'Alright, Liberty Tigers, listen up,' Principal Bolan called; 'The officers here need to search your lockers, so everyone move away and let them do their job.'

'Now, guys,' Their coach added when they didn't move.

Bailey moved away from her locker, moving to stand with Monty by Principal Bolan. The cops moved with purpose, all eyes on them. She could feel the boy behind her fidgeting like crazy, causing her to look over her shoulder at him as she reached for his hand.

'You know, you can't just do this. What about our First Amendment rights?' Monty turned to their principal.

'Yeah, that would be the Fourth Amendment, Mr. De La Cruz,' The man drawled; 'And the Supreme Court has established our school's right to function in loco parentis.'

'Dempsey, what the hell? You got nothing to say about this?'

'We talked about it in pre-season. Liberty Tigers play clean. I say go ahead and search.'