23

~

" It's hard to know what's real and what's, like, paranoia

" It's hard to know what's real and what's, like, paranoia. "

~

Bailey followed Justin up onto the porch of the old, abandoned cabin within the woods; the very place the football team hung out each year. He unlocked the door and shoved it open, revealing the empty building.

'Shit. They're not here,' He wandered inside.

'If we hang out, they'll show,' Charlie shrugged; 'Or do we go back and report Clay missing?'

'I don't know. It's just attention we don't need.'

'We also don't need Clay lost.'

They wandered further inside, looking over the graffiti covered walls around them when the door slammed shut behind them.

'What the fuck?' Justin shouted as he turned around; 'What the fuck?'

Diego and Luke stood there, chests heaving as they looked around wide eyed and scared.

'Where's Clay?' Bailey asked.

'We don't know,' Diego replied.

'Fuck you, you don't know,' Justin spat.

'What are you guys doing? What's the game? You said we weren't fucking with Clay,' Bailey stopped her boyfriend from surging forward.

'We just... We fucked with the clues, ok?' Diego stammered; 'We sent people places to freak them out, that's it.'

'That's all we did,' Luke confirmed at Bailey's cocked brow.

'And there's shit happening that is not us. There's something out there.'

Charlie chuckled, 'Diego, man, give it up. You're a somewhat decent DB, but you are a shitty liar.'

A muffled cry came from outside, all of them jumping as they turned about; trying to spot the source through the gaps in the wood.

'Come on. Jesus, enough!' Justin yelled as he took Bailey's hand.

'It's not us!' Diego shouted in reply.

The muffled yelling sounded again before the door was shoved open, Beecher stumbling in with his hands bound and tape over his mouth; his pants missing.

'Oh, shit!' Luke shouted.

Beecher continued to yell out as he writhed on the ground, Luke leaning down to grab him.

'Get up. Come on,' He instructed.

'I told you it's not us,' Diego spat.

'Come on. Get up! Come on. You're ok, bro.'