18

~

" I mean, actual danger everywhere

" I mean, actual danger everywhere. And they don't realise adding more police doesn't make anyone feel safer. Like, the opposite. "

~

Bailey walked amongst the mass of people moving about outside the school, her bag tapping against the back as she tried to catch up to Justin and Clay. She jumped onto Justin's back, the boy letting out a short yell as he caught her. She kissed his cheek before she slid down, linking her hand in his. 

'Good morning,' She greeted. 

'Hey, Bay,' Clay muttered. 

'Hey,' Justin leant down to kiss her. 

She smiled into the kiss, before she continued to walk beside him.

'So, Sanderson's today,' She stated. 

'I'm not going,' Clay mumbled. 

'Dude, you can't not go,' Justin stated.

'Why do you care?'

'I just don't think you should skip the tour. It's mandatory.'

'Since when does the word mandatory mean anything to you?'

'Well, you go to rehab and try and get out of mandatory meetings,' Bailey huffed. 

He rolled his eyes, 'My Dad's been teaching at Sanderson since I was eight. I know the campus. '

'But this is about going to school there,' Justin reminded him; 'Maybe you might do that.'

'No, that would make my Dad too happy. And it's too close to home. I need to get out of this town... And why would you look at Sanderson when you have Occidental?'

'I'm not in yet. Plus, I like the idea of Sanderson being so close to home.'

'This is the guy who once said college is for people who couldn't get a job.'

'I didn't think I was good enough. I didn't think I deserved a future before.'

Bailey smiled softly, looking to her boyfriend proudly. 

'Wait, you never thought you were good enough?' Clay questioned; 'You were always such an arrogant arsehole.'

'Yeh, those are probably related,' Justin started up the stairs.

'Just proves you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, Clay,' She chuckled, causing his brows to furrow; 'Oh, admit it. You didn't like me.'

'No, I didn't know you.'

'Said every hater ever.'

They joined the long line into the school building, slowly moving forward. Bailey dumped her bag in the tray, cocking her brow at the officer before her after she'd passed through the metal detector.