30

~

 " We all still had these secrets that might be exposed

 " We all still had these secrets that might be exposed...  We couldn't just wait for things to cool down. There were people who didn't want that to happen. "

~

Bailey laid back against Justin's bedhead as he laid against her chest half asleep, her fingers running through his hair. She wasn't sure if it was just the detoxing, or if he was actually sick, but his pale skin was worrying her. And it had been for the last few days.

'I should take you to the doctors,' She sighed. 

'No,' He snuggled further into her chest; 'I'm ok. Don't leave.'

'I'm not leaving. I'm just saying-' 

'I'm ok, babe. It'll go away in a few days.'

'And if it doesn't, you promise you'll go see a doctor?'

'Promise.'

'Ok.'

She kissed the top of his head, smiling when his lips pressed themselves against the rise of her breast as she laid in one of his shirts. His bare torso pressed against her clothed one, the pair having asked Clay to give them some space the night before so they could spend some time together; which inevitably lead to sex. But, they were content. 

'I got into UCLA,' She whispered. 

His head shot off her chest, 'What?'

'I got in.'

'Holy shit, Bay. When?'

'Last week, after the riots. This scout was at some of my fights and he- He offered me a full scholarship to fight for the school.'

'This is huge. Holy fuck. Congratulations, Bay.'

She laughed when he kissed her in a rush, pulling back to scan her beaming face; tears in her eyes. 

'I'm so fucking proud of you,' He smiled. 

'I'm proud of you, too,' She replied.

'You shouldn't be.'

'Just, I told you that you'd get through this. You're in detox, sure. But, you got into Occidental. And you will get sober again.'

He nodded, laying his head back down upon her. 

'What happens to us after we graduate?' He asked quietly. 

'What do you mean?' Her hand in his hair paused. 

'I mean, us. Are we-' 

'I'm not breaking with you... Not unless you want to.'

'No- No. I don't want to. God, no.'