35

~

" I guess it's like high school, in its way

" I guess it's like high school, in its way. It seems like I was a freshman a decade ago. But then it seems like yesterday. I don't know where all that time went. "

~

Bailey stood with Caleb at the front desk of the gym, trying to work out how she was going to fit in all the sessions she missed while Justin was in hospital; wanting to be in the best shape she could be before she left for UCLA. So far, they'd planned for two sessions every day until she left; one with him training her, the other self training. They both looked up when the front door swung open, Tony striding in.

He slammed a piece of paper onto the counter; 'All right. It's done. The sales papers are drawn up. All it needs is a buyer's signature.'

'Tony, that's great,' Caleb smiled; 'Right?'

'I don't know,' He shook his head as he started for their apartment; 'I- I- I don't know if it's great. I don't know what to think. Fuck!'

'Second thoughts are natural, but this is a solid plan, Tony. This is safe.'

'No plan in this fucking world is safe, Caleb. Safe is not a word I believe in anymore.'

'Ok, ok. But the garage is protected. This gives you a chance to- To have a life.'

Bailey strode in after them, kicking the door shut to give them their privacy.

'What if I like this life?' Tony asked; 'What if I like this right now?' 

'The garage is protected,' Bailey reminded him. 

'I mean, the buyer doesn't know shit about fixing cars, but Javi's ready to manage the place,' Caleb shook his head with a smile; 'He does already.' 

'What if one of the businesses takes a dive? What if it's too much for one person to handle?' Tony turned to them. 

'Tony, I've lived with you for more than a year. Nothing's too much for me to handle.' 

Caleb shook his head, taking the papers from his boyfriend's hand to lay them on the bench; picking up a pen.

'Here,' He signed the sales papers; 'Javi and I... Will take good care.'

'What if I'm not good enough to stay on the team?' Tony rambled; 'What if I flunk out? I'm no good at school.'

'You're good at anything you wanna be good at.' 

'Oh, my God. This is so easy for you! Why is this so fucking easy for you?' 

'It's not easy! This is fucking killing me. But this gives you a chance to live a whole life.' 

Tony stared at him, drawing in a shaky breath as he blinked away a sudden burst of tears. 

'What if I can't do it? I don't know. What if I'm lonely?' He croaked.