25

~

" The trick is keeping track of which secrets are which, and what lies go with them

" The trick is keeping track of which secrets are which, and what lies go with them... And who helped you with which lie. "

~

The cheers were deafening around her, the lights near blinding as the sweat clung to her skin with blood from her busted lip; a hit she should've blocked. Her opponent bounced on her toes in front of her, blood stained across her cheek and dripped down her eyebrow. Bailey smiled slightly at the sight, stepping forward to send a jab the girl's way; hitting her stomach. It dropped her guard for a second, allowing her to get in a hit in on her face; sending her backwards onto the ground.

The referee got in between them, pushing her back into her corner where Officer Ted Wynn, her trainer, was waiting for her. She leant against he pole, her chest heaving as she leant forward onto her knees. She opened her mouth to let Tyler spray water into her mouth, sending him a smile; her mouth guard making it awkward.

'You're doing good, kid,' Ted patted her on the back.

Her opponent pushed herself up from the ground, stumbling on her feet for a second before she steadied herself out.

'This is it, finish this,' Ted encouraged.

'Got it,' She nodded.

She stood, clapping her gloves together as she stepped forward; bouncing slightly as she awaited her oncoming hits. She let out a breath as she threw her fist forward, the hit blocked before one was thrown at her side. She dodged it, another being delivered to her stomach before she hit the girl again; her hand getting between her raised gloves to hit her in the nose. The girl fell backwards again, but this time, she didn't move to get up as she tapped out.

A grin crossed Bailey's lips as she shot her hands up in the hair, jumping about as she turned to face her corner. She lowered her arms, stepping toward the referee as she grabbed her wrist and her opponents; raising hers up in the air. The cheers around her seemed to get louder as the applause was added around her, her eyes scanning the crowd. She stepped toward her corner, ripping the velcro from her gloves to release her hands from them; accepting the water bottle from Tyler.

'Nice work, kid,' Ted patted her on the shoulder.

'Thanks, man,' She hit her knuckles against his.

'Congrats, Bay,' Tyler grinned.

She laughed, slipping out under the ropes to jump down from the ring. She was ushered into the locker rooms where Tony sat ready, shadow boxing to warm himself up. He turned when the door shut, smiling at the grin on her face; bruises already forming. She wrapped her arms around him, letting swing them from side to side as he listened to her laugh.

'Bailey, let's get you cleaned up,' Ted approached them; 'Tony, you ready?'

'Of course,' The boy nodded.