24

~

" It's like I'm removed from reality

" It's like I'm removed from reality. And then reality comes crashing back in. "

~

Bailey stared at Justin dumbfounded, her jaw slack and brows raised. She wasn't sure she believed a word leaving his mouth, but he'd still said them. She blinked a few times as she finally looked away from him, pushing her gaze across the room as she rolled her jaw.

'And you're sure?' She prompted. 

'Yes,' He nodded; 'It was her.'

'Your mother's back in town... And she reached out to you.'

'Yes.'

'You know what she wants, right?'

'I'm not that stupid.'

'Did you see her?'

'No... Not yet.'

'Do you want me to come with you?'

He looked at her with furrowed brows, watching her shrug as she pushed herself up straighter. 

'I know you,' She sighed; 'She's your mum, Just.'

'Just like Maria's your Mum?' He cocked a brow.

'Ok. You got me there. But, do you want to see her?'

Justin ran his hand over his head, blowing out the air from his puffed out cheeks. 

'Yeh, I kinda do... I don't know,' He let his hands fall to his side with a clap.

'I'll go with you,' She nodded; 'Come on.'

'What?'

'Aren't we going?'

'Now?'

'No, next year. Yes, now. Come on.'

'Bay.'

He rushed after her as she strode down the hall, smiling when she found Jenny sitting in the living room with Harris asleep beside her. 

'Hey, Mama,' She called softly. 

'Oh, hey, baby,' Jenny smiled; 'I didn't know you guys were still up.'

'Yeh. And we're kinda craving a pizza. So, we're gonna go grab one. You want anything?'

'No, thank you. Do you need money?'

'No, I got some. Thanks, Mama. We'll be home soon.'

'I'll leave a light on.'

'Ok.'

The couple moved out the front door, Bailey snatching her keys from the bowl by the door.