17

~

" People have been relying on me, so I gotta, like, be strong and stuff

" People have been relying on me, so I gotta, like, be strong and stuff. And the dreams, and anxiety and stuff, makes me not strong. "

~

Bailey slid out her car in the school parking lot, pushing the door shut before she tucked her hands away into the pockets of her Liberty jacket. She glanced over at Tony as he got out the other side, sending him a tight smile before she locked the car. They wandered forward together, Tony slipping his hand into her own; giving it a reassuring squeeze. She sighed softly, scanning the large building before her.

'What the fuck?' She murmured at the sight of a large group slowly moving into the building.

They joined the back of the line, filing into the school after a few minutes to come face to face with a small group of cops and a metal detector.

'You're kidding me,' She sighed.

'What the fuck is this?' Tony spat with furrowed brows.

She laughed in disbelief, shaking her head as she dumped her bag on the table. The buzzer went off around her, an officer stepped forward with a metal detecting wand; swiping it over her body. It beeped but her waved her on.

'It's probably just your bra,' He stated.

She curled her lip up in disgust, 'And if it's a knife?'

'You don't look like the type to carry a knife.'

'Who knows, right?'

She snatched her bag off the table and slung it over her shoulder, turning to wait for Tony. He walked through the machine clear, but was stopped but the officer. He waved the wand over Tony's body, the machine beeping.

'Please step aside for a pat down,' He motioned to the space behind him.

'What?' Tony sneered; 'It's obviously my necklaces.'

'Step aside for a pat down.'

'Well, if you're patting him down, you're patting me down, too.'

'Miss, go to class.'

'No. You do it to him, you do it to me too, you dick. You're not just singling him out like that.'

'Bay,' Tony muttered; 'It's ok.'

'Like hell it is.'

The officer sighed, 'Get to class, both of you. This is a warning.'

Bailey smirked slightly, flipping the man off before she took Tony's hand and wandered down the hall.

'What was that?' He hissed.

'I'm not letting them do shit like that to you,' She replied; 'It's not fair.'