15

~

' Violence begets violence, it just doesn't always look the same

' Violence begets violence, it just doesn't always look the same... Some of us do violence to ourselves. Some try to break the pattern. '

~

Bailey looked over her dress in the mirror in her room, running her hands over the soft fabric as the smell of roast chicken floated through the air. She smiled to herself, walking out of the room to continue to help Jenny and Harris with the Thanksgiving cooking. 

'Bailey,' Harris stepped into the door way; 'We wanna show you something.'

'What?' She cocked a brow as she looked to a grinning Jenny.

'Come on.'

She followed the man with Jenny hot on their heels, confusion riddling her body as she tried to figure out what was going on as they lead her to the front door. 

'You're kicking me out?' She cocked a brow.

Harris laughed, 'Never, Drew... But, this is for you.'

He held out a small wrapped package, which she took cautiously and ripped open. Her brows furrowed at the car key in her hand, her gaze flicking between the pair.

'You didn't,' She whispered.

'Go have a look for yourself,' Harris motioned to the door.

'You're joking.'

'No. Go on.'

She pulled the door open and stepped out onto the front porch, her jaw dropping at the sight of the green 1965 Mustang parked against the curb. Her hand flew up to her mouth, shaking her head as she turned to look at the Atkins.

'I can't accept this,' She breathed out.

'It's your epic birthday present, just a little early,' Jenny smiled with tears in her eyes.

'No, you guys... Your birthday present is letting me stay here.'

'It needs some work, so it's not perfect. But, it's yours, Bay,' Harris chuckled, placing a soft hand on the small of her back; 'You deserve this.'

'No- No, I don't.'

She broke down in tears then, leaning into the man as he laughed. Jenny joined the hug, holding her tight as she kissed her hair.

'We tried to get your Charger back, but Mrs Walker sold it already,' Harris informed her; 'But, we knew Drew and Jeff were planning on trying to get you one of these for your eighteenth, so we made their wish come true.'

'I don't deserve you guys, I love you both,' She cried.

'We love you, too, Bailey Drew,' Jenny sniffled.