10

~

' We fuck up

' We fuck up. We get better. But sometimes it's not enough. Sometimes we fuck up again and again. '

~

Bailey sat with her hands threaded through her hair, tugging on the roots as she tried not to scream. She sat in the cell her mother called a bedroom, listening to her scream at her and there was little she could do about it as her father stood by the door.

'A person of interest?' Maria cried; 'My daughter involved in the murder of one of her friends. Who does that man think he is?'

'He's just trying to look at all angle-' Taylor sighed.

'What does he have on her? What? How does she have anything in common with that Clay kid? She's known Bryce since she was little.'

'It doesn't mean anything,' She stated through clenched teeth; 'They're just telling me to watch out.'

'Bailey, they arrest you again, you're not coming back,' Taylor stepped forward; 'Do you not understand that?'

'Maybe I don't want to.'

'Bailey!' Maria yelled.

'What? Being here is exactly like being in jail. I get told when to eat, when to shit, when to leave my room. It's fucked up!'

'We're trying to keep you safe.'

'You're driving me insane... I'm going to school.'

'No, you're not.'

'Try and stop me.'

She cocked a brow when neither of them moved, throwing her bag over her shoulder before she shoved past both of them and out the door. She looked down at her phone as it began to buzz for the hundredth time that morning, answering Tony's smiling face.

'Hey,' She sighed.

'You alright?' He asked.

'No. You reckon you could give me a lift to the gym? I need to hit something.'

'Bay.'

'Tone, I need to let some steam off before I go to school and end up punching every dickhead that looks my way. Please.'

He sighed, 'Where are you?'

'My place.'

'Keep walking, I'll meet you half way.'

'Thanks.'

'Love you.'

'Love you, too.'

She hung up the phone only for it to begin to buzz again, a long huff leaving her mouth.

'Alex,' She answered.

'Bay, are you ok?' He gushed.

'Peachy.'