11

~

' Trust is the hardest thing, isn't it? Can someone trust a lover? A friend? A brother? '

~

Bailey sat beside Drew's grave, her arms hooked around her knees that she had curled up. Tear stains trickled down her cheeks, new tears trailing over the top of them. The sun was barely over the horizon, dew sitting heavy in the grass. She'd spent the night there, by her brother's side; moving between Drew and Jeff graves when she got cold, just to warm herself up a little. But, she knew they were both there, listening to her cry.

'I want to run, Drew,' She croaked; 'I want to get as far away from here as I can. B-But, I can't leave you. I can't leave Jeff, or our friends... I didn't kill Bryce, but it's starting to feel like I did and I don't know what to do anymore.'

She stared at the words written on his head stone, waiting for some sort of reply she knew wouldn't come.

'I told Zach I'd take the fall for him,' She whispered; 'But, I don't think he was the one to kill him. If Zach did it, he'd kill himself. B-But, he's not acting out, or crazy. He's still Zach, he's just... Scared. Just really, really scared.'

She wiped her cheeks, sniffling as a soft shiver rocked her body.

'And I- I... It scares the shit out of me that it could be one of our friends, what if it is?' She asked; 'Clay didn't do it, neither'd Zach, or Justin, or Monty, or Tone. And I want to believe it wasn't Alex, or Jess, or Ani. Because she seems super determined to make sure everyone but herself is questioned... I just- I don't know what I'd do if it was any of them, because you won't let me go down for it even if I want to.'

She let out a shaky sigh, a sob building in her throat.

'I just really wish you were here,' She choked out with a cry; 'Because I don't know what to do anymore, De. I'm so fucking lost... I- I need you here.'

'That's why he sent me instead,' A familiar voice came from behind her.

Her head snapped around to find Kat standing there, her face crumbling as her best friend strode toward her. She broke down as the girl's arms wrapped around her as she sat behind her, pulling her into her body. She collapsed into her, crying her heart out as they sat with her favourite people in the world. Kat shushed her quietly, running her hand through her messy hair.

They sat like that for what seemed like forever before Bailey sat up to compose herself, turning to hug her best friend properly; sniffling in her ear. She chuckled softly, leaning back to wipe her face as she struggled to suppress a grin. Kat watched her sadly, helping her wipe away her tears.

'How'd you find me?' She asked.

'Well, when you weren't at home, and you weren't answering your phone, I knew you'd be one of two places in a time like this. Here, or Tony's,' Kat stated; 'And Tony's is cleared out, so I came here.'