26

~

 " If there's someone that needs to be saved, I'm gonna try to save them

 " If there's someone that needs to be saved, I'm gonna try to save them. And if this is the day that I die, then I die standing up. "

~

Bailey scrubbed her hands in the locker room sink, ridding of the red dye that stained them from another Stop The Bleed drill in gym. She ignored the chatter around her, her eyes focused on the quickening pace of her hand; rubbing against her skin. She let out a frustrated sigh, tossing the wet paper towel across the room; the red stained mush slapping against the tiles. 

'Shit,' She whispered. 

She shut of the facet and moved to clean up her mess, flicking the paper towel into the bin before she headed for her locker. She pulled her shirt over her head, gathering her things as she stuffed her stained shirt into the bottom of her locker. Bailey slung her bag over her shoulder, pushing the door shut with a bang before she started for the exit. 

'Bay, hey,' Tony called. 

'Hey,' She smiled. 

'You alright?'

'Just that fucking drill, man. We did it yesterday, again today. Makes me sick... And just reminds me of... Yeh.'

'Then refuse to do it.'

'You think Kerba isn't going to notice? He knows I got shot, Tone. I told him it was a drug deal gone bad.'

'Then he should understand.'

'Yeh, maybe.'

'I gotta talk to Justin, I'll catch you later?'

'I know about Tyler.'

'What? How?' 

'Justin told me. He's worried.'

Tony sighed, 'He told anyone else?'

'No. Just me.'

'How much do you know?'

'That Tyler did a deal with a known arms dealer on the shitty side of town, late at night after he lied to you about going home.'

'Ok... Ok.'

They wandered toward the boy where he stood with his head in his locker, glancing toward them as they came to stand beside him. 

'Hey,' He greeted. 

'Hey,' Bailey smiled. 

'So, I've been asking around trying to find him. Pizza place doesn't know.' 

'So he meets up with Tyler and then just disappears?' Tony suggested.

'He hasn't been in the neighbourhood. I went and asked around the docks.'