16

~

" It's just high school nowadays

" It's just high school nowadays. You can never let your guard down because it never fucking ends. And friends have to rely on each other,or bad shit might happen. "

~

Bailey's leg bounced as she sat in the chair, her fingers wrung together in front of her as she stare at the bland white floor in front of her. She drew in a shaky breath, looking up for the ten time as the front doors to the building opened. Not them. She shook her head, watching the couple approach the admin desk. 

She swallowed, looking back down to the floor. It'd been a month since she'd been home. A month since she went into rehab with Justin. And she'd done it. She'd been sober for a month, she'd gotten through the withdrawals, the sudden spikes of anger and agitation. She was sober for the first time in a long time.

The doors opened again, tears welling in her eyes as she smiled at Jenny and Harris; their eyes searching the room. She stood from her seat, instantly catching their attention. Jenny rushed forward, throwing her arms around her neck; holding her close. She sniffled, clenching her eyes shut as she held the woman. Another set of arms wrapped around her, Harris pressing a kiss to the side of her head. 

'Hi, Mama,' Bailey finally whispered. 

'Hey, baby,' Jenny released her and wiped her eyes; 'You ready to come home?'

'Yes, please.'

Jenny nodded furiously, turning away to sign her release papers. The Matthews girl turned to face Harris, wrapping her arms around his torso; resting her head against his chest. He kissed her hair again, squeezing her tight.

'How are you?' He asked lowly.

'I'm good,' She nodded. 

'Good. And Justin?'

'He's good. Really good. Lainie and Matt just picked him up.'

He nodded, releasing her as Jenny walked back over. 

'Let's go home,' The woman grinned. 

Bailey nodded with a smile, letting Harris guide her forward with a hand on her back. She drew in a deep breath of air as they exited the building, laughing softly when she spotted her car in the parking lot.

'Tony's done a bit of work on it since you've been gone,' Harris informed her. 

'I'll have to go see him,' She sighed. 

'And you can.'

'How can you trust me?'

'Because we love you, Drew. And we know you want to do better.'

'I do.'

'Then we have no reason not to trust you.'

'I love you, guys.'