28

~

" And it feels like, the things that were starting to crack a little bit before, are now falling right down on our heads

" And it feels like, the things that were starting to crack a little bit before, are now falling right down on our heads. "

~

Bailey sat across from her father awkwardly, silently hitting Justin in her head for managing to convince her to do this. The Monet's was busy for it's breakfast period, Taylor having picked her up from the Atkins to take her out. Deep down, she knew Justin wanted some space. But, she couldn't help but feel like he was sneaking around behind her back.

'Are you sure you're not hungry?' Taylor asked.

'Yeh,' She nodded, despite her growling stomach.

She had a fight the next day, and according to Tony's diet plan, they weren't eating until one o'clock. Much to her disgust.

'Why'd you let her back in?' She asked suddenly after staring at the table for a few moments.

'Who?' Taylor looked up surprised.

'Maria... After everything she did to you, why'd you let her back?'

'Because she's my wife.'

'Who beats you when she's high.'

'She doesn't mean to.'

She cocked a brow at him, 'You and I both know that's bullshit.'

'Is that why you won't live at home?'

'I don't live there because I have a more stable environment with Jenny and Harris... I don't have a father that's leaving me all the time or a mother who's high as a kite constantly.'

'I agree.'

'You what?'

'At first, I was upset... But, now, I see that it's better for you... When you had that break down last year, when you told us everything we'd missed, I realised that I really didn't know you at all. That I had missed so much of your life, all the things that I should've been there to help you through, I wasn't there... God, you tried to kill yourself living under my roof, Bailey, and I had no fucking idea.'

'Didn't think you cared to be honest.'

'I do... Why do you think I told you to go to Kat's after your brother died? Your mother's abuse was getting worse because she lost her son, she was mourning, and she was taking it out on me. I tried looking out for you, kid, but I guess I didn't do such a good job.'

'No, you didn't.'

'But, I want to now. I want to go back to how it was, but without the drugs and the constant work. I want to have my daughter back if she'll let me.'

'You have a long way to go.'

'I know.'

Bailey sighed, tucking her hair behind her ear as she shifted the salt and pepper shakers in the middle of the table.