On the other side

Kim soo hyuns POV.

I rubbed my palm together and put them towards my face. The little friction gave me blissful warmth. Its just too cold right now, too cold. It took me six long months to get this courage and build a bridge of fate for someone I love so dear.

Ji hyun ssi..I missed you. I sighed.

Im not mad at her for walking away and leaving me that day, I was mad at myself for letting her go just like that. I was a total jerk. Lilly kept me updated on what she was on. Where Ji hyun lives and her school and how she lives her life normally. I was happy for her. She was living the life I prayed She should have. She deserves to be happy, just happy. But then I realized something, something I should have done earlier. That my life will never be the same without her. Shes the only girl in this world that could make my life worth living. The happiness I was afraid of losing forever. So I decided to make things right and forget all the things that scares me. Im going to see her and work things out. I dont care how cold boston will be.

I just have to see her.

Its a chance of a lifetime, Im praying that this trip will end the long months of my lonesome agony. I closed my eyes and tried to remember everything. This plane im on felt like a time machine. I was travelling to the future but memories of my past were all I see as I stare outside the glass panel.

***Flashback..six months ago.(jihyuns press conference)

I almost dropped my phone on what i just heard from lilly. I crumpled harshly the plane tickets I was holding and slid them on my jacket. I immediately ran to my car and drove off to SK management building. I entered his managers office without even knocking on the door.

"Whats going on?" I asked her manager impatiently. He then raised his right hand showing off a white envelope. I kinda understand what it was but was too afraid to confirm it. There was anger in my face.

"She wants to quit." He uttered.

I didnt say any word but instead walked out of the room and ran to find her. I met Lilly on the lobby and explained to me everything. I was a bit enraged on what I heard. How can she be that selfish? How can she makes decision by herself. Dont I matter to her at all? Ji hyun ssi..i sighed holding my tears.

I walked out of the building with a heavy heart. After the confrontation I had with her, i felt my whole world collapsed. She ended her carreer and wanted to flew to Boston alone. She was literally walking away, leaving me behind. Tears started to block my eyes, am I not worth anything? Did she thought i was just a burdensome guy who can just be thrown away just like that. Am I asking for too much? She even said it was the best for both of us. Does that make any sense? I sighed. I entered in a local bar and ordered some shots. I wanna be drunk when I wake up. For once, I wanted to feel numb. I was drowning myself to forget the aches, but they just wouldnt go away. I felt something inside my jackets pocket and lazily slided them outside. When I realized what are these tiny glossy papers, my tears began to pour out. I was building dreams for the both of us, and it was supposed to start with those two plane tickets. I cant seem to control my emotions. I took a shot of tequilla and felt the bitterness strucked like a lighting bolt inside my chest. I stared at the plane tickets in my hands. I wanted to propose to her today and asked her if she could come with me in boston. I always knew she wanted to study there and live there with someone she loves. And thats what gave me the courage to give up everything i have here in korea and ask her to let me be that man who will stay be her side forever. I was willing to quit the entertainment scene and wanted a normal life with her. It doesnt matter where or how we will live, for as long as shes with me, nothing else matter. But the unexpected happened.

The moment i set my foot on boston, I was trembling. Not because its too cold for me to endure but because I suddenly felt so alive. I realized how lifeless I had been for the past months. Im not sure whats going to happen, but one thing i keep in my mind is that no matter whats it takes to have her, Ji hyun will always be worth it all.

Thank you for reading!

Can I have a vote please? :))

your comments makes me happy, please leave me some. :))