all too well

"Thank you so much.."

I started out my speech. Im out of words at the moment. My knees were trembling and I cant seem to think straight. I roamed my eyes to the audience and took a deep breath.

"First of all I would like to thank all the people who liked "you who came from the star" not only in Korea, but also everyone all over asia, thank you " i closed my eyes and bowed my head to express my deepest gratitude. Thinking what to say next, I paused for a while and breathe deeply.

"Writer ji-eun thank you very much, youve given me such a wonderful present. Im really thankful. To our Director and the harworking crew, thank you all for producing such a great drama.."i continued my speech trying to contain my emotions. I saw soo hyun in his seat and his genuine smile reflects how he feels very happy for me. Without him, I wouldnt have been here in front of this crowd.

"And to the one who didnt return to the stars and stayed on earth..." I laughed a little and looked at soo hyun's reaction. He automatically smiled on what he heard and started clapping his hands.

"Do min joo ssi..., soo hyun aa thank you so much, I sincerely thank you..lets work together again next time" i continued my praise for him and the crowd went wild. I didnt thought twice if what i said was a bit intriguing or not. What I wanted at the moment was just to thank him for everything he did for me.

"Everytime id start a project, id have a thought..if is it the beginning or might be my last chance. Those thoughts were on my mind while I was working. Having these thoughts feels like a stopping heart beating again, its a brand new fresh feeling..however after receiving this award today makes me believe that with "you who came from the star", my heartbeat got closer to the audience..and it makes me very happy.." i continued. I was trying my best to hold back my tears. My voice was already a little shaky and my tears are blurring my eyes.

"Today I want to share this award and glory with my beloved family, to all my Friends and management and to kim soo hyun's management. Thank you."

I finished my impromtu speech with sincerity. All i said came to my heart. I was shocked when I was called as the daesang prize awardee. Its the pinacle award for the baeksang arts award. It makes me so happy, the hardwork i exerted had paid off, its all worth it. The event was finished at around 8pm. I had a blast, i still cant believe im holding this trophy. It feels so good.

I decided to change my peach gown and wear comfortable clothes before leaving the building. I put on my faded blue jeans, ballet flats and a white tank top. No more annoying photographers, I exhaled. Lilly was patiently waiting for me outside the comfort room. I immediately went out right after Im all changed. I felt relieved, i dont feel pain in my feet anymore because of the stilletos.

"Lets go" lilly asked. She seem a bit exhausted already.

I nodded and started walking toward the in house parking lot.

"You look tired, you should rest well tonight" i said to her while pacing.

"You too" she said smiling at me.

I feel a little tired too but i still feel energetic because of the results of the award show.

"Im okay, im dont feel tired..i feel so happy" i replied and gave her a smile. I feel that shes genuinely happy for me too.

"Oh, soo hyun oppa!" Lilly exclaimed while pointing her index finger somewhere.

My heart automatically futtered when i heard his name. I was speechless while tracing the direction lilly was pointing. My eyebrows swirmed in confusion.

What is he doing here?

I watched him from afar while he is comfortably talking to my driver. His stature nearly perfect, he also changed his suit and tie into a white shirt and khaki pants. I was planning to seize the time just to stare at him but he shortly noticed our presence. He bowed to greet us.

"Annyeonghaseyo" lilly greeted him.

"Soo hyun aa, why are you here.. Arent you going home?" I asked him trying to sound natural.

"I was about to ask you out." He said with a smirk.

I looked at lilly worrying that she might misunderstand what so hyun just said. But she was actually frenzied. I looked at soo hyuns face and realized he was really serious. Lilly was obnoxiously smiling at us.

"I want to rest, its not a good idea i guess." I said in monotone.

I turn my back trying to avoid soo hyuns reaction. I cant just stand and see his dissapointed face.

"But i thought you said youre not yet tired..eounnie." I heard lillys accusation. I suddenly felt like a bowling potato.

"We'll get going now eounnie, soo hyun ssi please drive jihyun ssi home..thanks." Lilly said as she yanked my driver towards my parked car. She was in a hurry leaving me and so hyun alone. What was she thinking? I sighed.

It was another awkward moment for the both of us or at least to me. I was embarassed for lying. I tried to convince myself to act normal, as natural as posible. How can I calm down when hes inches from me.

"Shall we go now?" He asked extending his hands to show the direction of his car.

"You left me with no choice" i uttered as i glared my sharp eyes on him.

He laughed a little and we started walking towards his car. He opened the door of his passengers seat for me. Hes a good looking gentleman. When he came in, held the steering wheel, paused for a while and looked at me seated silently next to him.

"Where should we go?" He asked.

"This is your idea, dont ask me." I said aphatetically. I noticed his changed expression, i bet he is feeling a bit pissed.

"I guess, Ill just drive you home" he baffled in surrender.

"I never said I wanted to go home" i said. He smiled at me and started driving. His eyes are too comforting. It feels nice when he looks at me.

We went out of the building with his tinted car. The media was all over the place. I feel safe with him and i decided to let go of the things thats holding me back. Im going to think were the only people in this world while im with him.

(feel free to comment..please vote :) thanks for reading...
*jihyun speech based on actual baeksang arts award 2014)