A sky full of stars

He parked his car in front of a bar. I was a bit inquisitive.

What the hell are we doing in a bar? Is he out of his mind. Doesnt he know we cant be seen together, or else the media will have free lazy journalism?

I hesistantly stood still facing the ground beside his car. He gripped my hand and kept it in his hands. I felt my cheeks flaming, we were literally holding each others hand, i exhaled.

"Are you alright?" he asked and touched my chin to see my face.

"Why are we here? I asked. He gazed in to my eyes. " are you sure about this?" I continued.

"Just trust me..." He said and felt his hands a little tighter.

I held my breath as we enter the establishment, to my surprise it was not what im actually expecting. It was a bit dark like other bars in seoul but not that kind of lightings during regular nights.

The bar was literally empty.

In the middle of it was a table set for two. There was a vase of roses on the table and the lighting was effectuated by candles scattered all over the place. He was guiding me as we walk slowly, i felt astonished with the cozy ambience. The place was arranged for a candle lit dinner for two. I felt a bit confused, my heart beating so loud. What is this all about? Is it for the two of us? I suddenly felt that my outfit was way out of place. Did he prepared this all? I was speechless. I stared at him full of questions in my head. Are we prepared for this, am I prepared for this? I exhaled trying to spill the tension. I can feel my hands sweating so i pulled it off from his hand. He looked at me and gave me a smile. This place is too romantic for the two of us, why are we here?

"Soo hyun ssi, whats this?" I asked that stupid question anyway. He gently pulled the chair for me. Still he didnt answered me. He then seated across me.

"Did you prepared all this?" Still interogating him. He shook his head saying no.

"Are we alone here, come on say something" i said to him but he shook his head again and smiled. He seem to be enjoying my stunned expression.

"Do you own this place, or did you rent the whole place for this dinner?" I asked feeling a bit iritated.

"Aniyo, its my friend's bar.. Yoon ji hoo." He finally answered.

"You asked him to close this place tonight for us to have dinner?" I exclaimed. I just felt this was unreasonable and childish.

"Yes, i planned it all" he admitted.

"Youre crazy.." I sighed. The sudden changed in his expression made me cringe.

"I just wanted it to be special" he said in lousy tone. I looked at him. My heart filled with guilt, why do I always let him down. Why cant i be unreserved once in a while. I sighed. Finding the right words to make him feel better came to mind, but it wasnt easy. I hurt his feelings over and over again, why am i too insensitive.

"Soo hyun ssi, komawo, thank you.." I stared at him sincerely. He smiled at me.

"Lets enjoy the food..." He said and i nodded with a smile.

"Whoa this looks delicious!" I exclaimed as we started eating.

We had so much fun. For a moment, we forgot everything that happened for the past few months. We laughed, shared stories and made funny faces with each other. Reminds me about the good times we shared in macau. Those moments when i was free to express myself to him, when there was no laws that forbids me to be with him. The times where there was no one to run to but him. He was like sunshine to me, a warm comforting sunshine. He takes away my winter blues and melted my cold heart with his flaming genuiness.

"Ji hyun ssi.. Are you okay?" He asked me.

I didnt noticed i was staring blankly to nowhere. Reminiscing those days. I smiled at him.

"Yeah, im sorry" i said.

"Its getting late i guess i need to take you home." He said. I checked my wrist watch and its 11:30 pm already, time flies so fast when im with him. I nodded and stood up as he yanked me gracefully towards the exit.

The weather outside was not too cold. I unconciously looked up the at the sky and fell in awe, he did the same thing. We were like teenage stargazers who fell in love with the infinite number of stars. My head still held high when i noticed him staring at me, my peripheral vision never lies. We smiled at each other when our gaze locked. I feel perfectly happy in an unexplainable manner. I can see through his eyes that he feels the same way. He pulled me in his arm giving me a tight embrace. My mind was in a blurr, suddenly forgot what to do. I was flooded with contradicting emotions, there some sort of debate happening inside my head.

"Lets be like this for a while" i heard him whispered on my ear and felt him draw me closer to him. I was speechless but i voluntarily pat his back with my hands literally hugging him back.

"I missed you" he said, still holding me tight. I wanted to say i missed him too but i was too hesistant. He gently released me and i immediately gasped for air. Still standing in front of me, he held my hands and uttered: " ji hyun ssi.." He took a deep breath and looked at me in the eyes. My heart was throbbing frantically.

He is making nervous. The butterflies in my stomach never left. " i just feel that its now or never, I need to know it now." I was a little confused.

What is he saying? " i know that you knew that i knew it already...that sounds confusing i guess..what im saying is.."

He took a deep breath again, i think what he was about to say was really disturbing him. "I completely understand your situations, what you call complication..the thing about you and jun sung..i knew it already.." I wasnt expecting he would brought this up. He was right, I already knew that he knew the real score about my relationship with jun sung. He knew that it was all fixed marriage and i lied and was pretending the whole time. I stared at him full of questions.

"I love you...i love you so much.." He said almost stuttering. I was always never prepared with his confessions. I exhaled, feeling strained. "For the last time, i want you to be honest with me. If you feel the same way, please let me know now, ill hold on to that even if its just a tiny bit of chance...ill take it, just say Yes..and im more than willing to wait for you, no matter how long it may take." He continued. Tears are blurring my sight, my heart beats irregularly. I took deep breaths consecutively. I dont know what to say, as if my tongue was frozen. I stared at him full of meaning. I wanted to express how i love him too but i dont know if its the right thing to do.

"If you say no, il walk away with a smile.. Ill let you go and just be happy for you..".

Its now or never, the phrase kept repeating on my head. My tears began gushing through my face. I was literally out of words. He wiped my tears away with his fingers. I fell in love with every little thing about him. I was trying my best to gather the courage to answer him. Finally, i looked into his eyes and said...

(feel free to comment..please vote :) thanks for reading...)